Circa £43k Per Annum
Type of Contract
Fixed Term 31st March 2021
The Performance Pathway Coach Developer is responsible for the development of coaches across the player pathway through delivery of key coach development programmes and initiatives that inspire more, better and happier players.
This work is in line with the England Netball (EN) Coaching Strategy, What It Takes to Win (WITTW) model and the Talent Development framework.
The post holder will demonstrate a real passion for success, be strong in coaching people and mentoring, have a strong team sports knowledge and understand the coaching process.
The role will require significant evening and weekend work to support coaches operating within the Player Pathway.
The Role is to
- Provide individualised support to identified coaches and coach developers to improve their coaching practice and behaviours
- Provide bespoke / tailored coaching support to identified partners (Vitality National Super League Clubs & Counties)
- Generate coaching content to support and evolve the EN Coaching Offer
- Oversee, develop, and implement identified courses and workshops
- Lead and manage the implementation of the EN Performance Coach Development System philosophy, practice and principles
- Design and deliver England (ENG) staff training programmes to ensure the Performance Coaching System philosophy and principles are integrated and embedded throughout ENG programmes
- Develop and manage the delivery of a long term (4 to 8 year) implementation plan for all elements of the ENG Performance Coaching System
- Manage the efficient and timely roll out of all elements of the ENG Performance Coaching System through an annual operational plan
- Facilitate communities of practice
- Generate coaching content modules for on-line learning, programmes, workshops and courses connected to talent development.
- Ensure, as budget holder for the ENG Performance Coaching System the effective use of available resources.
- Ensure, as budget holder for the ENG Performance Coach Development system the effective use of available resources.
Expand and integrate all performance coach programmes to
- Produce a set of principles for coaches on the areas of emphasis during the contact time with their athletes.
- Ensure developments in the international game are disseminated via performance coaches throughout the player pathways & VNSL clubs
- Enhance support and guidance to coaches at identified training sessions within their programmes.
- Oversee alignment/expansion of all performance coaching programmes across ENG
- Develop a coach appraisal system including technical, tactical, personal, mental, leadership, holistic development and coaching skill elements.
- Develop a ENG wide elite athlete to coach programme
- Develop a Performance Coach tracking system in place for ENG (as part of the wider ENG coach tracking system) – which includes EN & Sport England targets.
Design and deliver timely external ENG Performance Coaching System briefings to both strategic and operational stakeholders.
Support and actively engage with England Netball’s approach of being a digital first organisation
To abide by the provisions of the England Netball Data Protection and Equality and Diversity Policies.
To respect and promote the spirit and intentions of the Company’s Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Netball Policy.
To undertake such duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the Company.
- Ability to translate strategy into operational delivery (E)
- Resilience and stamina with an emphasis on solution seeking (E)
- Proven leadership and organisational skills (E)
- Motivated and results orientated with the drive to achieve targets (E)
- Innovative and creative with the ability to translate ideas into effective action and outcomes (E)
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills (E)
- Clear and accurate written and spoken communication and presentation skills (E)
- The ability to influence, build and maintain effective relationships (E)
- A team player with an open and consultative style and optimistic approach (E)
- The willingness to work unsociable hours and undertake significant domestic travel (E)
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (E)
- Mentoring skills/qualification (D)
Education/Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Sports Science, Coaching, related subject (D)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience. Ideally 2 years will have been in a role for team sport coach development (E)
- Experience and proven capability in the holistic development of coaches, athletes and programmes (E)
- Significant experience in planning, organising and implementing a comprehensive coaching programme for teams and athletes, based on player needs (E)
- Proven technical knowledge and experience of individual and team principles including techniques, tactics, coaching trends and national developments. (D)
- An excellent knowledge and love of sport (D)
- Experience of working with volunteers (E)
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment where there is a high expectation of achievement (E)
Full UK Driving License (E)
- Conveys an image that is consistent with organisational behaviours, demonstrating qualities, traits and demeanor that command leadership respect
- Good facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage many projects simultaneously
- Excellent personal organisation – ability to prioritise own workload and balance conflicting demands
- A persuasive presenter – Ability to present to a wide range of audiences
- Willingness to develop skills through continuing professional development
- Highly motivated with personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect
Key: (D) = Desirable requirement
(E) = Essential