We’re looking for an experienced Partnerships Manager to deliver excellent account management to our key commercial partners and to collaborate with our sales team to further each accounts’ revenue within the group. The role will look after our Lead Partner’s City Index and StoneX, along with other key partners.
Our partners are the backbone of our business, and they are part of our community/family. Their support, loyalty and shared commitment to our values helps us impact the lives of 100,000s of people locally, enriching lives through sport and entertainment. As well as supporting our world-leading Men’s and Women’s Rugby teams and the incredible Saracens Mavericks Netball team, our partners are also trailblazers in tackling social inequalities through their support of the Saracens Foundation and Saracens High School, enabling us to fight racism and discrimination in sport and the wider society, power gender equality, foster mental well-being, improve education and health, and promote LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Saracens is dedicated to raising the bar on our partners experience, aiming to deliver world class client servicing. As Partnerships Manager, you would use your experience to develop, influence and create longevity in our relationships with our partners. You will deliver solutions for our commercial partners and selected hospitality members that support their brand strategies and build high trust, meaningful, symbiotic relationships – adding enormous value to the Saracens teams and community as a result.
The role will report directly to the Head of Partnerships. The Partnerships Manager will have line management responsibilities for two Partnerships Executives, so a good team player who is committed to the growth and development of their team is essential.
Saracens is an inclusive, people first organisation. A core part of achieving our mission is that our workforce is diverse and reflective of the community that we serve. There will be no discrimination in our recruitment and selection processes, nor when considering pay and benefits. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for the position and join us on our mission to enrich lives through sport and entertainment. (You can read more about diversity and inclusion here).
Our mission at Saracens is to enrich lives through sport and entertainment. We can only do this through the continued support and loyalty of our fantastic partners. If you are excited by the idea of working with a passionate partnerships team, and want the opportunity to really make a difference, this role may be right for you!
The Partnerships Manager role will involve but not be limited to:
Delivering on our Partnerships Strategy through:
Creating the Partnerships Strategy
- With lessons learnt and best practice research, collaborate with the Partnerships Director and Head of Partnerships to develop an innovative and inspired Partnerships Strategy to secure new opportunities and retain valued existing partners
Key Account Management
- Deliver against the commercial partnerships’ strategy to realise Group and personal targets
- Deliver world class client servicing to valued commercial partners, delivering all partners contractual rights seamlessly and effectively to secure renewals of existing partners, specifically on owned accounts. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring stadium branding assets are delivered as detailed in partner contracts and maintained throughout the season.
- Ensuring all branding (partner/central) is in place and of an excellent standard at all Saracens home games.
- Working with EPCR and Premiership Rugby on central partner rights.
- Building the fan and Saracens teams experience through partner leverage and activation.
- Identification and entertainment of key decision makers.
- Creating strong and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders, making memories with partners to ensure their experience is excellent and drives retention.
- Assisting in the creation of events and experiences to ensure key stakeholders are engaged throughout the season.
- Demonstrating value of partnership & ROI through reports, servicing review procedures and stakeholder engagement.
- Effectively track progress and demonstrate commitment to partners using status documents, rights trackers and status calls/meetings. (We use software such as Horizm and Zoomph so technical skills are helpful).
- Budget management in each of the Partnership accounts to maintain target margin.
Revenue and Opportunity Generation
- Presentation of new opportunities, actively upselling and generation of additional revenue through partner activation plans is part of day-to-day activity in this role.
- Secure opportunities to generate additional revenue through partner content using Wolfpack Creative (WPC), Saracens in house creative agency.
- Support the Saracens ESG agenda with a view of securing partners and additional revenue in this space.
- Support wider partnerships team in the reporting of Saracens Image Rights players usage across Saracens owned channels.
- Engage partners in performance, health and wellbeing and leisurewear to realise budget for the training ground and engage players/staff, implementing Value In Kind agreements across required categories.
- Management of multiple partner accounts through delegation and effective resource management of your team.
- Line management of two Partnerships Executives using coaching to enable their personal growth and development during their time at Saracens.
- Sales and partner services coaching and mentoring of your team.
This successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills along with a high level of written and verbal communication skills. You will be experienced in working in a fast-paced customer focused environment and have the ability to work under pressure. As well as this, you will be confident, organized and able to implement a proactive approach to your work.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Sport Industry, specifically Sponsorships and Partnerships (experience of working for a Sport Rights Holder is desirable).
- A University degree in a subject relevant to this role, ESA Diploma or equivalent Sports Industry qualifications are desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills (proficiency in MS word, Excel, Outlook is expected).
- Experience in formulating, managing and delivering against budgets.
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders and the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with key stakeholders, at all levels.
- A keen interest in rugby, netball and sport as entertainment and a method to enrich people’s lives is essential
- Thrives in an intellectual, fast paced but ultimately target driven environment
- A relentless focus on and obsession with delivering exceptional service to our partners
- Defines ambitious goals and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results
- Ability to thrive in and promote a culture of hard work, discipline, honesty and humility to deliver results
- Manages projects, activities, and resources effectively, assuming personal ownership and accountability for results
- Encourages open discussion of different ideas and views; welcomes and solicits feedback
- Instils continuous improvement mind-set and champions best practices
- Leverages personal and business relationships to significant success
- Low ego, can do attitude, happy to roll up sleeves if necessary
Our home is StoneX Stadium, London’s most beautiful and sustainable boutique multi-use venue. Currently undergoing significant development to deliver a new West Stand, it’s an exciting and inspiring place to work! This is a full-time role of 37.5 hours per week. There will be some weekend and evening work as part of the role.
- 25 days annual plus bank holiday
- Auto enrolment to the company pension scheme
- Flexible working which includes some working from home. We currently operate 2 days a week in the office which includes a Monday and Thursday. We are keeping this under review in line with external government guidance.
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this Partnerships Manager role, please include a cover letter of no more than 500 to address the question of ‘Why do you want to join the Saracens Family?’ along with a up to date CV and a 1-minute introduction video. Please send your completed applications to Sangita Asani, HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Wednesday 27th July 2022 at 5pm.
Saracens Limited positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Careers in Sports Business webinar on our YouTube channel