Scottish Rugby is the governing body for rugby union in Scotland. Our role is to grow the game and inspire Scotland through rugby in line with our values of respect, leadership, achievement, engagement and enjoyment.
We are currently seeking a Partnership and Projects Development Officer to work with our Rugby Development teams across the Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders region. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a successful track record of delivering projects and has a passion for grassroots rugby In this role you will work closely to support the Regional Director and Managers as well as key stakeholders and partners, to ensure the successful delivery, monitoring and evaluation of key Schools and Youth projects, in line with Scottish Rugby’s Strategic Plan.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting to develop fixtures and competition structures for U18 players with the aim of developing their potential and improving the overall standards of the game
- Supporting the roll out and delivery of Schools of Rugby and Youth Diversionary Programmes
- Design and deliver programmes to improve the quality of rugby players in clubs and schools
- Delivering a variety of School and Youth projects including skills camps and classroom learning sessions
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication skills, in particular someone who has the confidence to contribute in meetings and delivering presentations
- A background in rugby coaching with a Level 1 UKCC Rugby Coaching Qualification (or equivalent)
- Someone who has experience of working in partnership with different groups, including volunteers and a variety of stakeholders
For more information about the role, please have a look at the job description.
This is a full time position and due to the demands of working in sport, there is also a requirement to work out with traditional working hours, including evenings and weekends.
Should you have what it takes to be successful in this role, and wish to apply, submit your CV and a covering letter which details the skills and experience you would bring.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 20th September 2020 at 5pm.