This role is a perfect combination of the on-site physical necessities & requirements to build and deliver a mass participation sporting event, alongside the office based research / paperwork skills needed for its design & planning.
As such you will assist the Operations Team with the preparation work required in the lead up to events in order to ensure that they are planned and organised to the level of detail and quality needed in order to facilitate a smooth and efficiently run event on the day. You will also assist with the set up/break down and operational delivery of our Event days to help to ensure that the events are delivered to a high specification, therefore continuing to uphold our reputation in the marketplace.
Key Duties of the Operations Intern :
- To fulfil, under direction, the planning & administrative requirements relating to the design and organisation of the Events prior to Event Day
- To help to build & dismantle the event site / courses
- To help with the management of our equipment stores and to deliver and collect to/from event sites all equipment required for Event Day. This includes helping in the loading and unloading of vans of all event equipment such as signs, branding boards, transition racking etc
- To help to ensure that our events adhere to safe working practices and procedures
- To perform all requested & related duties and responsibilities as required, both in the office and on event site
Skills & Abilities Required for the Operations Intern
Skills & Competencies:
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Good research + problem / situation analysis skills, with a natural propensity to finding solutions.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively.
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of your work.
- Focus on quality
- Customer focus
Technical Knowledge Required
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence & be willing to drive a van
Other Significant Role Requirements: other factors which have a bearing on a candidate’s ability to perform:
- An energetic & positive disposition
- Willing to work weekends, work outdoors at events, & work unsociable hours – including staying away from home as necessary.
(All travel and accommodation for weekend working is paid for by us. You will be paid an additional crew day rate for the weekend days that you work).
For more jobs in sport or jobs in fitness visit the jobs board on Careers in Sport