A Wanda Sports Holdings company, IRONMAN operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier marathons including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and other multisport races.
IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races.
Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 200 events across 50 countries.
For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a highly motivated Operations Executive to start at the earliest possible date focussing on the following core duties and responsibilities across all our events:
- Support our race directors across key race functions – swim, bike, run & venues
- Operational planning and management
- Route logistics including road closure management • Stakeholder liaison including police, city councils and businesses
- Supplier sourcing, negotiation and management
- Compilation and proofing of detailed event/ course documentation (incl course maps, time elapsed schedules, risk assessments, method statements, operational and participant documentation)
- Budget management
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Event/ partner/ sponsor signage and branding management and implementation
- Management of temporary staff at events
Desired Skills and Experience:
The Operations Executive must have an understanding of event management and must be self-motivated and outgoing working in a fast-paced industry and as part of a dynamic operations team.
The ideal person will have project management skills/ experience and strong attention to detail.
A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, a hands-on approach for this role is essential and previous involvement in mass participation sport events is desirable.
This job specification should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Closing date for applications: 12th February 2018 Successful applicants will be invited for an interview at our office in Oxfordshire.