Hartpury Netball Academy are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated coach to work within the netball programme for the upcoming 2019/20 and 2020/21 academic years.
The Studentship offers a part funded place on the Hartpury University MSc Coaching Science or MSc Strength & Conditioning degree, studied part-time over two years to enable the candidate to combine coaching with postgraduate study.
The successful candidate would be required to start in September 2019.
Studentship responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading on coaching provision and taking sole charge of an FE academy team.
- Assisting the netball staff with session planning and organisation.
- Assisting with transport of athletes to and from competition.
- Providing competition support, including administration, planning and organisation, and attending recruitment events, camps, etc.
- Supporting with routine care and maintenance of equipment used within the programme.
- Completing any administrative duties required to support programme activities.
- An undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above in sports science or sports coaching related field (although this is open to discussion).
- UKCC Level 2 Netball Coaching Qualification (We can help support this if not currently held).
- Flexibility to work with both academy and academic commitments.
- Previous netball coaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver sessions.
- Strong computer literacy and use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point.
- Full driving licence
- Studentship benefits
- Part funded MSc degree
- Involved with coaching in one of the most successful netball programmes in the country
- Assist in developing the ambitious College programme
- Be involved with the England Netball performance pathway programmes through local franchises
Interested in a career in sport? Career in fitness? Job in sports coaching? For more jobs in sport and jobs in fitness visit the jobs board on Careers in Sport.