Head Coach Netball
Location: SGS WISE Campus
FTE Salary: Up to £31,722 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, part time 18.5 Hours per week
Working Hours: 18.5 hours per week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Term-Time Only Contracts will incur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Corporate roles benefit significantly by their access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions and the resultant access on retirement, to a secure, flexible and generous pension, accessible from the age of 55
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days per academic year, increasing to 30 days after five full years’ service (plus bank holidays) and a two-week College closure over the Christmas period
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
- Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Netball Head Coach at our WISE campus.
The Netball Head Coach will be responsible for the growth, development and success of our FE Netball Academy programme with a focus on growing the Community, Development and Learning Netball programmes at the College.
The SGS Netball Academy perform in the Association of Colleges league on a Wednesday and have a strong history that has seen a number of students go on to play at the highest level of Netball here in the UK.
The SGS Netball Academy has developed a strong partnership link with Team Bath Netball with SGS WISE being one of the clubs satellite centres. In addition to this, the SGS Netball Academy has some strong partnerships with local clubs at both a senior and junior level.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Provide strategic direction, leadership, oversight and management of the Netball programme at SGS.
- Plan, implement and manage the coaching programme for Netball Academy squads and community clubs.
- Develop commercial opportunities in Netball in conjunction with the Curriculum Director Personal and Social Development and the WISE Campus Manager.
- Oversee the Junior Netball Club at SGS College.
- Manage a small team to oversee Netball at SGS
- Communicate with key stakeholders at SGS to develop partnerships in the local community.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- England Netball Level 2 Coaching qualifications
- Relevant, updated coaching certificates
- Experienced coach at Youth and elite Level
- Knowledge of England Netball Super league Franchises
Please apply online by Sunday 26th June
Expected Interview Date: Start of July 2022
Access our Careers in… webinar series on our YouTube channel