|Job vacancy:||Netball Development Coach (NDC)|
|Remuneration + benefits:||· Salary dependant on experience
· Free parking
· Subsidised gym membership
|Contract type:||· Fixed term until 30th June 2022 with the potential to extend
· Part time – 15 hours per week: Weekday afternoons and Wednesday match days
|Location:||· Turf Moor, Burnley, BB10 4BX
· Nelson & College, Scotland Road, Nelson, BB9 7YT
· Accrington and Rossendale College, Sandy Lane, BB5 2AR
|Closing date:||Friday 1st October at 5pm. Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC in the Community reserve right to remove this advert.|
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility – Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
A brand-new netball development and education programme based at Turf Moor, Nelson & Colne College and Accrington and Rossendale College. The role will be based primarily at Nelson & Colne College.
The NDO will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, delivery and evaluation of coaching sessions and will support all recruitment and strategy to develop the Burnley FC in the Community netball programme and other netball development projects.
Reporting to the charity’s Head of Football you will be expected to:
- Plan, develop and deliver the netball programme and other netball development initiatives.
- Deliver both netball coaching sessions and support classroom-based education workshops/Btec units when required.
- Explore growth opportunities for netball provision related to the project area.
- Liaise with the Head of Football Development and proactively promote the netball programmes and carry out all meaningful tasks, when so asked to do, by the Head of Football Development.
- Undertake appropriate administrative duties in relation to the programme, to ensure the smooth running of the project e.g. maintain accurate attendance registers, organise fixtures, transport and collect monies, etc.
- Manage, develop and support the coaches and volunteers involved in netball coaching sessions.
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual. An ideal candidate will also have;
- Netball Coaching Qualification Level 2 or above or the willingness to complete a course within the first 6 months of appointment.
- At least one years’ experience of coordinating and implementing sports or community development programmes in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Experience in delivering high quality netball coaching sessions.
- Sports Related degree or equivalent.
- Netball C Award umpiring qualification.
- Experience of coaching a wide range of ages and abilities.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website – Careers and Opportunities and emailing it to HR@burnleyfc.com. Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
IF YOU REQUIRE THE APPLICATION FORM IN AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE HR DEPARTMENT ON EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:
ADDRESS: BFCITC, TURF MOOR, HARRY POTTS WAY, BURNLEY, LANCASHIRE BB10 4BX.
TELEPHONE: 01282 446800
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.