Title: Netball Coach
Reporting to: Netball Lead Coach
Contract: Work available in the Easter, May and Summer school holidays.
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Locations: Headington School, Oxford (OX3 7TD), St Gabriels School, Newbury (RG20 9BD) Sutton High School, Sutton (SM1 2AX) St Hughs School, Farringdon (SN7 8PT) Millfield Prep School (BA6 8LD)
Summary of Position:
The role of a Netball Coach is to deliver outstanding, structured netball sessions to the children attending our academies, usually between the ages of 7 and 14. As well as leading sessions, coaches contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Sports Academies. Our coaches have a pastoral role as the leader of a group of children on camp, with the focus being on maintaining welfare and providing high quality care.
• Deliver excellent, energetic coaching sessions where all children can develop their skills, be challenged and have fun.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop and progress sessions for varying ages and abilities.
• Provide challenging content in a safe learning environment.
• Communicate effectively with children and their parents/guardians if required.
• Analyse performance and suggest areas of improvement.
• Supervise and engage with the children outside of session times.
• Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
• Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children.
• Live up to the Ultimate Activity Company’s promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
• Ideally hold a minimum L1 coaching qualification (or equivalent) or have experience playing to a high level.
• Experience of working with children.
• Able to tailor delivery and structure of a session according to age and ability.
• Have an excellent working knowledge of all aspects of netball – technical, tactical and physical.
• Good organisation and communication skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to lead a group of children and not shy away from responsibility.
• Approachable, patient, and above all, passionate about netball!
• Experience taking sole charge of a group of children.
• Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.