Playnetball.com is a highly successful Mixed and Ladies netball league consisting of over 1500 players based in three venues in London; Highbury & Islington, Angel and Dulwich. We offer fully graded competitions with excellent umpires, some of the best quality courts in London and all at an affordable price. The league is run by netballers, for netballers; we aim to provide value in a professional and friendly manner. We are looking for a conscientious and motivated individual to join us and be responsible for new business activity.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for raising the participation levels across the organisation. They will work closely with the Operations Manager to develop a comprehensive plan of action and then carry out the activities identified in this plan. The Business Development Manager should be self-motivated and innovative with a strong customer focus and a love of netball. The role will be home based although some travel within London will be required, usually to the playnetball.com venues during game time. Our current venues are 2 schools in Islington and a sports Club in Dulwich.
The Business Development Manager is also expected to develop an understanding of the other roles within the business so as to be able to provide cover when necessary.
You will predominantly be working on New Business Activity. Key aspects of the role include:
Growth activity (40%)
- Identify opportunities to increase participation levels
- Registration of new participants
- Building relationships with appropriate third parties
- Analysis of the existing market
- Identifying and setting up new venues
Marketing & Promotion (20%)
- Maintain and execute a marketing plan including social media strategy and internet marketing
- Creation of necessary materials to support marketing plan
- Monitoring the effectiveness of marketing, PR, Word of Mouth, Sponsorship and other initiatives to ensure value for money for all budgeted spend
- Flyering to spread the word of Playnetball.com
Maintenance activity (40%)
- Identifying opportunities to ensure new participants have the best possible customer experience and become repeat participants.
- Assist at tournaments in London. We currently have 3 tournaments on a Saturday per year.
The BDM will have demonstrable ability to work autonomously, use initiative and work well to targets. They will have excellent oral and written communication skills and a keenness and excitement for the game of netball.
The team at playnetball.com is relatively small and close knit; we rely on each other significantly to achieve success. You will also be a team player who is willing to go the extra mile to help us succeed. A such, there may be some activity required to support the existing business, including but not limited to:
- Answering emails
- Updating the website
- Recruitment of new umpires
- Organising umpires