The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four key themes: • Education • Health & Wellbeing • Participation • Heritage.
We are now looking for a National Citizen Service (NCS) Coordinator, reporting to the NCS Manager, based at Headingley Stadium with Flexible/Hybrid working. The role will also require travel across both West Yorkshire & North Yorkshire.
In this role you will:
• Assist with the recruitment of young people aged between 15 and 17 to participate in Nation Citizen Service (NCS) and ensure they experience an exceptional NCS journey from the beginning to the end of the programme.
Find out more about our NCS programme here.
Yorkshire Cricket Foundation operates equal opportunities and acceptable behaviour policies. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities – both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and the communities it serves.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• Good knowledge of the NCS programme and its outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience of working with young people, particularly 15–17-year-olds.
• Experience of working in education/voluntary/community settings.
• Ability to relate well to young people from a wide range of backgrounds, engage them in activities which support their development and relate sensitively and confidentially to the needs of young people, parents, and their families.
• Ability to engage with Parent/Guardians to ensure their buy in of the NCS programme.
• To have a good understanding of your local community and voluntary organisations that work within them.
• Experience and/or knowledge of secondary and higher education sector and/or local Authority programmes that support young people.
• To be innovative to meet the needs and interests of graduates’ post programme.
• A commitment to safeguarding and health and safety.
• An ability to work to personal targets.
• A commitment to supporting young people, and the principles of equality and diversity.
• Ability to work on independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills.
• Confident in speaking and presenting to large audiences.
• Proven planning and organisation skills.
• A clean driving licence and access to a car.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experience of working of data inputting and working with a CRM system
• Knowledge of adhering to GDPR
To be successful in the role you will be able to motivate and influence a diverse range of individuals through your excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, with a positive attitude and approach. It is your initiative, focus and drive that will help you to not only be successful in the role, to but to have a positive influence throughout the Foundation and beyond.
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Alex Hipkins on: M: 07387088166 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please click the link below where you will find the full job description, and submit a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role, alongside a CV, to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 26th January at 5pm.
Interviews to be held on week-commencing Monday 31st January.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com and our social media channels.