We are looking for dynamic, motivating and inspiring Team Leaders & Assistants to become part of our Activate National Citizen Service programme. The NCS programme is a government funded social action programme that gives 16 -17 year olds the opportunity to embark on exciting new challenges that develop their work and life skills. NCS Format (15 day working programme)Stage 1: Monday to Friday (5 days) – 5 day residential leading a group of 15 young people through outdoors adventure activities. Stage 2: Monday to Friday (5 days) Residential at a college/school leading the same group through a skills based curriculum such as ‘The Apprentice’ and ‘Dragons Den’.Stage 3: Social Action Project: 8 hours each day over a minimum 5-day period.Stage 4: Graduation Night: Celebrating the young people’s achievements on the programme.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Team Leader/Assistant you will:
- Be responsible for up to 15 young people providing supervision, motivation and inspiration; offering the participants the best possible experience of the NCS programme.
- Facilitate and deliver activity sessions and workshops to a group of 16-17 year olds.
- Provide leadership and guidance during each day in a dynamic and energetic environment.
- Be responsible for the participants completing the required 60 hours of the social action programme following their workshops.
- To resolve issues on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the programme.
- Inform all management of incidences as and when necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- A genuine interest in the developing the experiences and skills of young adults.
- Experience leading group activities in an activity leading/sport/education setting.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Approachable, tolerant and patient; to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Show problem solving skills; ability to motivate and work on your own initiative.
- DBS certificate – this can be provided by the company if needed.
- Experience working on the NCS programme.
- Residential & pastoral experience.
- First Aid certificate.
Wages are dependent on age, qualifications and experience but can range from £240 – £400 per week.
Recruitment Process & Training:
We operate a 3 step recruitment process involving:
- A telephone interview, leading to;
- Attendance to one of our national recruitment days, leading to;
- Compulsory attendance to our training weekend
We offer full in-house training including the Cardinus and IIRSM approved Risk Management in Sport and Childcare Setting Award.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible job opportunities to suit your availability.
- The opportunity to gain meaningful work experience.
- IIRSM approved training and CPD opportunities.
- Pride and self-satisfaction developing young people’s life skills.
Job Type: Temporary (summer 2018)