To deliver profressional sports coaching sessions in Primary Schools within the Move More CIO of 45-50 schools and for other independent contracts in Gloucestershire, Worcestershire & Herefordshire. Able to deliver quality PE and school sport to an outstanding level, including some teacher CPD, lunchtime and after school clubs, delivery on school sport events, sports initiatives & holiday activity camps.
- To plan, organise and deliver sports coaching sessions at primary schools in various forms (ie. PE lessons, lunchtime clubs, PPA cover, after school clubs).
- To deliver on Holiday Camps most of the year. Ideally candidates will work towards becoming a Camp Leader.
- To deliver high quality PE lessons within primary schools whilst up skilling teachers and TA’s responsible for the class (Teacher CPD in PE).
- To train & understand the current Scheme of Work for PE that schools are using within their specific school.
- To train junior sports leaders within primary schools at KS1 and KS2.
- To support & lead the delivery of primary gifted and talented, SEND and physical activity programmes including Maximise Your Potential & Sportsability.
- To support events & primary sports festivals.
- To support the development of University Sports Placement Students & Apprentices.
- To help mentor any less experienced sports coaches within the team.
Knowledge and Understanding
- A clear vision and understanding of the role of PE and school sport in the lives of young people.
- A confident and proficient sports coach within many different sports/activities and with an enthusiasm for coaching primary children whilst being flexible in delivery and schedule changes.
- Knowledge of disability sport and inclusion to promote the development of PE to all.
- An upto date understanding of the current School Sport Landscape and the changes associated with this over the past 5 years.
- Experience of working across a range of different sports and physical activity.
- Experience of working with primary aged children within a PE scenario.
- Experience of teaching within curriculum PE lessons.
- Coaching/teaching experience within Primary Schools will be essential for this role.
Skills and attributes
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Have a passion for the job, for coaching children and a drive for excellence.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible, creative and innovative.
- The ability to create positive working relationships with a large range of professionals, organisations & individuals (inc. Head teachers, class teachers, PE subject leaders, parents and children).
- The ability to work within a team as well as individually when coaching.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A sports related degree or teaching qualification would be preferable but not essential.
- Minimum Level 2 Coaching Award (2 would be beneficial) and a number of Level 1 NGB awards would be preferable.
- Valid Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Courses attended on Child Protection, Safegaurding and First Aid.
- UK Driving License (and use of car).
Please request and fill in a Move More application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Move More, All Saints Academy, Blaisdon Way, Cheltenham, GL51 0WH.