Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is seeking a Media Executive to lead on content and media relations for Tottenham Hotspur Women (THW).
THW play in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League (WSL), seen by many as one of the top women’s league in the world. Mirroring the transformation of a team that progressed up the women’s football pyramid from grassroots to the WSL inside 10 years, the Club has accelerated its digital performance by undergoing a transformation process that has seen radical change in content, production and the team around it.
The team’s content across our Club channels has and will continue to play a vital role as we grow our following and reputation nationally and internationally. These channels include our official website, social media and official app, as well as our official matchday programme.
The successful applicant will work with the existing team in the communications department, providing a consistent level of high-quality coverage and output, and oversee media relations, including matchday accreditation, arranging and overseeing external media interviews and media events. This role reports to the Club’s Senior Journalist, as well as working closely with other departments such as Marketing, Partnerships, Business Development, Retail and Fan Relationship Management.
As with all jobs in sport, the position will involve working some irregular hours, including weekends, so flexibility will be essential.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The primary role will be to lead on written content creation for the women’s team for website, app, matchday programme and social media channels. Content will follow the Club’s agreed style and tone. It should be engaging and grow our audience. The role will also oversee media relations for the women’s team, including matchday accreditation, arranging and overseeing external media interviews and media events.
- Lead on women’s team content promoting growth and engagement across all channels
- Lead on all media enquiries
- Manage press conferences and other events which include invited external media
- Lead on all matchday media activity (match reports, live updates on social media, post-match reaction)
- Contribute to short and long-term content planning throughout the season
- Handle matchday media accreditation requests
- Maintain excellent content standards
- Media monitoring and collating coverage around Tottenham Hotspur Women and the women’s game generally in terms of its impact on the Club
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Empathy with others concerns
- Inquisitive, with an eye for detail
- Being an active member of a team and supporting others
- Attention to detail and treating sensitive information in confidence
- Good communicator
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, empathetic, hard working
- Thrives in an exciting and, at times, high-pressured environment
Skills & Experience
- Experience in sports journalism – working for a newspaper or website, in social media or broadcasting, would obviously be ideal, as would any previous experience at a club
- A good knowledge of football, particularly the women’s game
- Excellent written and grammar skills
- Confident using Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work under pressure
- Accuracy – particularly when providing live updates on social media
- Strong team member with interpersonal skills
- A creative flair for imaginative and compelling content
- Fluent in a 2nd language (desirable)
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list.