Marketing & Communications Manager – The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
Contract: Full time
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is the official charity and community arm of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. Using the power of cricket, the foundation runs community projects across the county, aiming to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
The work of the Foundation falls under four themes which are:
- Health & Wellbeing
The Foundation is going through an exciting period of growth and a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the team in the new role of Marketing & Communications Manager. This pivotal role will take a strategic lead with the development and implementation of The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation’s (YCF) marketing & content activities, ensuring well researched, developed and delivered campaigns, that support the promotion of the Foundation’s programmes, events and brand.
This role requires the successful candidate to be able to collaborate with a wide range of partners internally and externally and to be able to drive the marketing and communications of YCF, the programmes and events, in line with best practice.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter, with experience and a proven track record of delivering a range of high-quality marketing and PR campaigns. In addition, we would like the preferred candidate to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience of writing marketing and commuications strategies would be an advantage, as would experience of managing and growing social media channels.
The post is full-time, based at Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground. A full, current UK driving license with access to a vehicle is required, as the role will include travel. The job also includes regular evening and weekend work as required.
For an informal discussion about the post or for the job description please contact Will Saville on: email@example.com.
To apply please send your C.V and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or F.A.O Will Saville, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Carnegie Pavilion, Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground, Leeds, LS6 3DP
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th June 2021 at 5pm
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com and our social media channels.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Staff reporting: Designer and volunteers
Based: Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground
To lead on the development, implementation and management of The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation’s marketing, communication & content activities, ensuring well researched, developed and delivered campaigns, that support the promotion of the Foundations activities and brand.
Community without boundaries
Using the power and brand of Yorkshire Cricket to support people and communities to be the best they can be.
- Research and develop the marketing, comms and PR strategy to support the Foundation ‘Game Plan’ and annual activity
- Consult with the Foundation staff team and trustees to develop the charities brand and personality
- Plan budgets, conducting research into income and expenditure
- Ensure all marketing, communications, content and PR follows industry best practice and is consistent with YCF ‘Brand Guidelines’
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests
- Relationship management with stakeholders and funders
- Develop and grow the marketing and communications function of the Foundation to ensure the charity is marketed as effectively as possible and the awareness of the charity grows, significantly.
- Ensure regular communication with YCCC, YCB and Pro Coach
- Coordinate and manage all PR & content activities on behalf of the Foundation
- Lead on the production of the annual impact report and newsletters, including preparation of copy
- Cultivate new contacts within the media to seek placements in print, broadcast and online
- Ensure the website information is up to date, liaising regularly with staff
- Manage the collation of case studies, photographs, footage and information, working with Foundation staff to ensure programmes are promoted effectively
- Manage the Foundation’s social media activity (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) and content is planned effectively, working with all staff
- Work with Foundation staff to create new and creative opportunities to promote our content via press releases
- Conduct relevant market research ensuring the Foundation and its projects/programmes are marketed and promoted in the most effective way
- Work alongside colleagues to create, oversee and implement marketing campaigns related to projects, events and themes
- Keep marketing databases up to date, ensuring compliance with GDPR
- Coordinate internal marketing communications within the Foundation and the wider Yorkshire Cricket organisations
- Work with the graphic designer to oversee and manage production of all marketing material
- Plan, manage and deliver promotion of the Foundation at major match days at Emerald Headingley
- Research and analyse relevant industry content
- Ensure SEO across all channels and digital communications
- Work with the Health & Wellbeing Manager to advertise and recruit volunteers as required to support the functions of marketing and content creation
- Carry out volunteer inductions
- Manage and supervise volunteers
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Work with staff to ensure information is collected and collated in a way that can be used in online articles and in the media
- Monitor and report the success of marketing, communications and PR campaigns using analytics, on a monthly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks, as required by the Managing Director
|Education and Experience||Relevant professional qualification||a|
|At least 2 years experience in a marketing role||a|
|Industry Knowledge||Experience of digital content & social media, including scheduling programmes||a|
|Experience with developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies||a|
|Experience analysing results of marketing and communications campaigns and interpreting analytics (for example, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Campaign Monitor insights).||a|
|A good understanding audience segmentation, targeting and differentiation of marketing and communications materials.||a|
|Ability and experience to create, execute and monitor campaigns||a|
|Additional role experience||Experience of copywriting, editing and producing reports, newsletters and publications.||a|
|Experience of using photoshop and Adobe Premier Pro||a|
|Budget management experience||a|
|Experience working with, communicating with or reporting to funders||a|
|Understanding of marketing for fundraising purposes||a|
|Personal Skills||Ability to lead, manage and be confident in decision making||a|
|Experience of managing staff and volunteers||a|
|Strong written and verbal communication skills||a|
|Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong rapport with co-workers and stakeholders||a|
|Strong written and verbal communication skills||a|
|Excellent attention to detail||a|
|Highly organised, with good time management skills||a|
|Adaptable, with a willingness to learn||a|
|Additional Skills/Experience||Computer literate – Excel, Word, Mac & Windows||a|
|Proven track record of delivering measurable results||a|
|Understanding of GDPR requirements and processes||a|