Responsible for the support and delivery of the London Youth Games volunteering programme GamesForce and the organisations media & communications
The overall purpose of this role is to help support the delivery of the Gamesforce volunteer programme and complete day to day communication channels for the organisation.
The post holder will receive 1to1 mentoring with experienced industry professionals and post-internship support and career guidance if desired.
After your initial training, your role will likely include the following types of responsibilities:
- Co-ordinating and supporting the organisations volunteering programme, GamesForce
- Mentoring and support to GamesForce Team Leaders and Junior Team Leaders
- Supporting all volunteers, both prior to event days and on event days
- Supporting the retention of volunteers by monitoring shifts completed and rewarding volunteers where required
- Working with the sport and event delivery team to recruit and deploy volunteers across all event days
- Promote GamesForce on all social media platforms making it the most exciting volunteering experience out there
- Monitoring and evaluation of volunteer recruitment.
- Managing all London Youth Games Social media platforms
- Pre and post event press releases
- Co-ordinating and supporting the ‘experience’ elements of the games including opening ceremonies and cultural competitions
- Overseeing the London Youth Games ‘Respect the Games’ campaign.
- Collating content for the London Youth Games website
- Miscellaneous tasks and office admin as and when required by the organisation
- Play a part in helping to ensure the wider smooth administrative running of the team by e.g. setting up meetings, recording and distributing actions, maintaining the contacts database, collating reports and presentations.