We are looking for a full-time lifeguard to join our vibrant and welcoming team at University of Hertfordshire Sports Village. The successful candidates will join our dedicated team to prepare for deliver bookings and events in our swimming pool, indoor/multi-use areas and outdoor facilities.
Hertfordshire Sports Village provides extensive sports facilities and services to the local community, students and staff of the University of Hertfordshire. Proudly named as one of Leisure and Hospitality’s 20 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, Hertfordshire Sports Village is committed to ensuring our staff team are connected and engaged. Welcoming, going the extra mile, leading by example and the ability to consistently exceed expectations are some of the values we look for in our team members. If you share these values and want to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
You will be part of a team delivering bookings and events from international/national standard through to local grass roots level. This includes connecting with organisations including Arsenal Women’s FC, Saracens Mavericks, England Fencing, Swim England, England Badminton, British Weightlifting and many more.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A positive, personable and welcoming approach
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- A current and valid NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification), OR the ability to achieve in the first 3-6 months employment (Internal training & assessment provided)
- The ability to work as part of a shift rota including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- WELCOMES Values (see Job Description)
Employee Benefits include:
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress
- Annual bonus
- Free Gym Membership
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training, development and progression opportunities
- Up to 26 days annual leave per year + 8 Bank Holidays, sick pay & pension scheme
- Access to University and Associated College courses
- UNiDays, TOTUM and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- Exercise ‘Happy Hour’
- And much more . . . . .
Equipped with a positive approach, the ability to work hard and with the ongoing professional development we provide, you will have opportunities to progress within your role as well as gain experience in wider areas of the business. Apply today.