Lead Academy Coach – Foundation Phase U11/12
Middlesbrough Football Club are looking to recruit a Full Time Lead Coach to work in their EPPP category 1 Academy, based at our Training Ground in Hurworth, near Darlington. The main purpose of the role is to develop elite players across the clubs U9-U16 player development pathway and prepare them technically, tactically physically, psychologically and socially to an appropriate level for their age and stage of development within the Club’s elite coaching programme. The role will involve delivering sessions that cater for both team and individual needs, always reflecting the Club’s coaching philosophy, as directed by the Academy Head of Coaching and Academy Manager.
- Co-ordinating and managing up to 4 part time staff under the guidance of the Academy Manager and Academy Head of Coaching.
- Planning, delivering and reviewing a variety of coaching sessions to both individuals and groups, supporting players in the creation of individual learning plans and using these to influence practice design and delivery.
- Recording all aspects of player development on the PMA (Performance Management Application).
- Communicating with parents through the ongoing review process of players and via attendance at parents’ evenings.
- Working closely with other departments who form the multi-disciplinary team to determine individual and team requirements in particular age groups and to lead meetings on the progress of players, including player reviews and retain / release.
- Ensuring the requirements of our EPPP Category 1 status are met.
- Maintaining attendance at Academy training sessions and home and away fixtures under the instruction of the Academy Head of Coaching and Academy Manager.
- Have experience of working within an elite coaching programme.
- Have experience of working with youth players within a professional football club environment.
- Have knowledge of child and adolescent brain development.
- Be familiar with current regulations and protocols relating to safeguarding.
- Hold a UEFA B License (Level 3).
- Hold a UEFA A License (Level 4) or show a willingness to complete within a desired time frame.
- Hold Age-Appropriate FA Certification (Modules 1, 2, 3).
- Hold an FA Advanced Youth Award or show a willingness to complete within a desired time frame.
- Hold a BFAS (Basic First Aid for Sport) qualification.
- Demonstrate proven people skills with the ability to provide clear leadership.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems and make sound decisions within a timely manner.
- Adopt a pro-active approach.
- Demonstrate attention to detail to achieve optimum performance of all players.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours to facilitate meeting the demands of this full-time role.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note that this post falls within the scope of ‘regulated activity’ and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
The salary for the role is competitive and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates at interview stage.
CLOSING DATE: 11th APRIL 2022
If you would like to be part of a committed team who value humility, respect and honesty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form quoting Ref MFC/LAC
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups.
Careers in Sports Coaching webinar on our YouTube channel
Jump Start your career in sport by joining our membership programme.