Junior Sales Executive – Sports Sector
Location: South West London
Salary: O.T.E. £25,000 (£20,000 p.a. basic plus commission structure)
Office hours: 9am-6pm Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm on Friday
We are an international events and communications company, working in the sports and technology sector. The STA Group’s remit is to inform, inspire and celebrate all aspects of tech-led innovation in sports. All Group initiatives strive to showcase genuine excellence, recognise visionaries, and deliver the most transparent and robust appraisal of the sector by putting honest, authentic and authoritative scrutiny at the heart of everything we do. We are currently undergoing further international expansion and need a sales professional to support our growth.
The Junior Sales Executive role will span the following activities:
- Proactively pitch sales to a variety of businesses within the industry, predominantly via telesales
- Research and identify new sales opportunities and develop a pipeline of leads
- Review and analyse past sales to generate repeat/new targets
- Follow up with sales and ensure they are satisfied and engaged with the brand for future events
- Conduct sales visits as needed
- Exhibit strong communication and presentation skills
- Assist in building media and third-party relationships
- Serve as the on-site contact at events where needed
- Update and maintain contacts on the sales database (HubSpot)
The Ideal Candidate
This role is ideally suited to a recent graduate with a passion for sports looking to start their career in sales or an individual with a year or less of sales experience, also with a passion for sport! The candidate must have an excellent phone manner, be tenacious, time-oriented and organised, friendly, possess good verbal and written communication skills, understand targeting and be a strong team player. The ability to use Microsoft office is expected and knowledge of a CRM system would be an advantage. An interest in sport is a requirement.
- Annual leave: 20 days plus public holidays
- After a year of employment, a time-back scheme that allows employees to have back four hours per week
- After two years of employment, an additional leave day per year up to 25 days plus public holidays
- 5 Paid days of ‘Dependants Leave’ per year
- Discretionary additional Christmas leave
- Free on-site gym with showers
- Secure bike parking
- Statutory government pension scheme
More jobs in Sports Business….
Check out our Sports Business section featuring career profiles, latest news and jobs in sports business.