Junior Performance Coach
Job Location: Crystal Palace Football Club Academy, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1NZ
Contract Type: Permanent/ Full Time (40 hours/week)
Opening Date: May 27th, 2020
Closing Date: June 17th, 2020
Crystal Palace Football Club are looking for a Junior Performance Coach to work within our multi-disciplinary academy team to deliver a holistic approach to improving player development and contribute to the long-term athletic development of academy players.
You will be responsible for…
- Delivering the athletic development programme through gym and pitch-based sessions to the Youth and Foundation Phases.
- Planning and delivering athletic development and performance programming to Professional phase players
- Delivering field based movement sessions, physical testing monitoring and collecting growth and maturation data for aforementioned phases.
- Monitoring player health through daily wellness intake and work load collection
- Completing daily PMA records
- Taking part in external and internal CPD, and contribute to the evolution of the current programme.
- Leading match day protocols
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line your manager
- Upholding and promoting the club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures
You will have…
- Educated to Postgraduate level or equivalent (Master’s qualification in relevant is preferred)
- Professional accreditation through BASES, ASCC or CSCS (or ability to achieve within six months)
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of working within a professional sport setting
- Has played/coached in football
- Experience in delivery at both an andragogy and pedagogy level
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Educated to Postgraduate level or equivalent
- Passionate about the development of the youth athlete
- Able to build strong relationships with players and staff
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.
What you’ll get in return….
- Competitive salary
- High level of responsibility from day one!
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject of what role you are applying for along with a completed application form found below.