The role of an Independent Trustee is to provide strategic leadership and be a visible role model for Active Sussex. They are tasked with supporting the Chair, Chief Executive and the Strategic Management Group.
Role of an Independent Trustee to effectively carry out their role, the Independent Trustee will:
- Advocate for sport and physical activity in Sussex
- Champion for Active Sussex within their own sector and its networks
- Promote the Active Sussex vision for sport and physical activity in Sussex
- Provide a two way network of communication between partners within their own sector, its associated networks and Active Sussex
- Contribute to effective board performance and management
- Set strategic goals within the business plan and ensure that effective monitoring is in place to evaluate progress
Equality and Diversity: Active Sussex have adopted a target of maintaining a minimum of 30% of each gender on its Board and to progress towards achieving gender parity and greater diversity generally on the Board, including, but not limited to, Black, Asian, minority ethnic (BAME) diversity and disability.
Applications are therefore particularly welcomed from people with disabilities and BAME groups as they are all currently under represented within the Active Sussex Board.
How to Apply? Candidates should submit their CV, together with a covering letter which expresses their rationale and interest for applying along with how they meet the role and person specification, plus a signed copy of the declaration (PDF).