Who are we?
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history. As a proud founder member of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup. We are now in our 5th season in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town: we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
Burnley Football Club are looking to appoint a charismatic Hospitality Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator who will take full responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Hospitality department, ensuring efficient operational costs and exceeding customer expectation in all areas.
The Hospitality Operations Manager will also be required to:
- Pro-actively head up the Hospitality team to ensure business growth.
- Ensure all suites and public areas are presented to the highest standard at all times and are running as efficiently as possible demonstrating the Club’s values at all times.
- Assist with the successful launch of the £2m uplift in our largest function room.
- Communicate effectively with all other departments to ensure a well delivered, organised and efficient operation.
- Lead the recruitment and development of all front of house staff ensuring that club policy is met in terms of employment legislation and line management.
- Help staff to develop confidence and competence by modelling good practice and acting as a mentor.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand, values, ethos and culture in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Hold a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality, diversity and inclusion training, in addition to ensuring compliance with all Club policies.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Experience of holding the day-to-day responsibility of a large-scale catering/hospitality operation.
- Experience of managing a large team of people with varying backgrounds, ages, and strengths.
- Strength to manage a large team in sometimes difficult and testing scenarios.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible attitude towards working hours and availability on weekends and evenings.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on our website https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/vacancies/ and returning it via email to the HR department HR@burnleyfc.com
Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
* Due to a high demand in applications, the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.