|Job vacancy:||Health and Wellbeing Worker (Casual)|
|Remuneration + benefits:||£10.39 per hour plus holiday pay
Subsidised gym membership
|Contract type:||Part-time, flexible hours available|
|Location:||Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX|
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in four key areas: Football Development, Education and Employability, Community Welfare and Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility – Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
The charity are now looking to recruit pro-active and enthusiastic Health and Wellbeing Workers to support our Health and Wellbeing programme.
The Health and Wellbeing Worker will be expected to:
- Deliver on our Extra Time and Dementia Cafe sessions.
- Generate new ideas as to how the programme can be developed further, whilst?ensuring high quality of delivery.
- Demonstrate Burnley FC in the Community’s values at all times.
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the centre as and when required to promote best practice.
- Understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Experience of working with either young people or adults in a health-related environment (desirable).
- Experience of promoting health and physical activity programmes (desirable).
- An appetite for using sport and physical activity to have a positive effect on people’s lives.
- Proven experience of providing excellent customer experience.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- A passion for the community and making a difference.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website – Careers and Opportunities. Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.