Head Swimming Coach
Royston Swimming Club (based at Royston Leisure Centre, Royston, Hertfordshire).
Salary: £15-£20 per hour, depending on experience, plus additional pay for admin work and competitions.
Hours: Up to 10 hours coaching time per week. Royston SC trains Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings and Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Full Job Description:
We have an opening at Royston SC for a Head Coach to lead and develop the club.
Royston SC is a small development club (approximately 100 swimmers) in North Herts which has achieved great success in the Herts league and produced numerous regional and national-level swimmers. Our ethos is to support all our swimmers in gaining the many physical and mental wellbeing benefits of swimming in a friendly but purposeful environment.
Our Head Coach will be involved with all squads and accountable for all aspects related to swim training, with the aim of helping all swimmers to reach their full potential. They will also lead our fabulous coaching staff comprised of both paid and voluntary staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team, to develop the club’s prospects and build on your own coaching experience (the club will support coaches in taking courses supporting development).
Essential Requirements are:
- SEQ Swim teaching or coach level 2
- The club applies for an enhanced DBS, unless you have a DBS subscription service
- Hold or complete IOS Safeguarding qualification
- Knowledge of Team Manager 1 and 2 modules
- Occasional hours at weekend meets across the County
- Demonstrably high coaching skills
- Possess a desire to develop and progress swimmers technically
- Able to take on responsibility for writing swim sessions
- Able to manage multiple swimmers/lanes
- Able to deliver both fun and technical sets
- Natural empathy with children and young adults
- Friendly and open, but with clear focus and determination
- Good communication skills with other coaches, swimmers, parents and committee members
- NPLQ/RLSS/STA pool lifeguard certificate (level 2) preferred
Closing date for applications 22nd October June 2021
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing both a CV and short cover letter. The same email address should be used if you have any questions before applying or if you want to come and see the club.