Soccer Assist Academy
Due to continued growth and expansion of our football and education programme, we are looking for A-players who want the opportunity to grow, develop their skills, help students unlock their full potential and be an integral part of a fastest growing football academy in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas!
It’s our vision to produce young men and women with strength, self-belief and integrity, prepared to face demands and challenges both on and off the pitch.
Our Mission is to create an elite environment that attracts, retains and develops top quality players. We provide an ongoing supply of academy graduates to Scholarships in the US and into first team and non-league football. We ensure that those individuals who fall short of this standard leave with the necessary skills, qualities and education to enable them to achieve success either through higher education or in a vocational career.
With the launch of our female academy beginning in September 2022 – we are looking for an individual who can take the lead and roll up their sleeves to deliver on a strategy from start to finish that will establish the female academy footprint in Milton Keynes. We’re looking for someone who possesses a hardworking and enthusiastic attitude as well as being personable, with an ability to build individual relationships with young female players. The successful candidate must have experience in coaching as well as recruiting/onboarding players. The Head of Women’s Football position requires an individual who is willing to support the growth and development of the programme and all stakeholders involved providing an everlasting experience.
That being said, the role is not all sunshine and roses – there is some good news and some bad news. Deliver to a high standard
Let’s start with the bad news:
- This is a full time role that requires you to manage multiple projects, work towards deadlines and maintain a high level of quality. You will need to be comfortable taking ownership, using your own initiative and managing your time effectively.
- The role is customer focused and will require regular communication either via phone, face to face or online with existing and prospective stakeholders. You will need to be comfortable and confident in speaking to strangers and offering our services to them. If you’re not comfortable communicating to people clearly and effectively, this role may not be for you.
- Your success in the role will be measured based on clear metrics that you will be made aware of if you join us. You’ll be expected to achieve company targets, which can mean working long hours from time to time as you may have periods where you’re dealing with high volumes of leads who require your attention. There will be times when you’re under pressure to perform, so you’ll need to be prepared for this.
Now for the good stuff:
- Our team describe our culture as hard working, rewarding, supportive, fun, flexible and diverse
- As a company we like our people to take ownership of their part of the business and as you progress in your role you will be given more flexibility and autonomy over your work schedule.
- The chance to have a positive impact in the progression of an individual’s life and play a part in their future.
- You’ll get to work on a new strategy, which presents excellent opportunities for our students, yourself, and the community.
- Travel throughout the UK and abroad on academy tours.
- You won’t be alone in this role. You will be joining a team of experienced professionals who will help and support you throughout your time to ensure you grow and achieve your potential.
- As our business grows we want our people to grow too, so there will be opportunities to progress in your career within the company. You can go on to build and manage your team or suggest new ideas and have autonomy to bring it to life.
- We work hard on the pitch and enjoy ourselves off the pitch! As a team we regularly organise meals, activities and get togethers to create those lasting memories
Role Responsibilities & Key Duties
- Work with the coaches and academy manager to plan and deliver every coaching session in accordance with the Academy philosophy and coaching programme
- Ensure that the female training programme is clearly planned and executed in accordance with the academy vision, pillars, and values
- Ensure learning objectives are attained across the programme
- Maintain an open, multi-disciplinary approach to your daily tasks and liaise frequently with all staff members
- Ensure the coaching vocabulary and coaching methods are maintained throughout sessions
- Communicate professionally with parents, players and staff on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain a positive learning environment to maximise each player’s learning potential
- Attend required match day venues and ensure match day planning is maintained
- Make sure staff emphasise learning objectives during their interventions using existing vocabulary and match day processes
- Arrange additional games as deemed necessary to maintain performance targets within the academy
- Demonstrate a high level of touchline behaviour and take a lead on ensuring the same from players and staff
- Achieve annual KPI targets – recruitment and retainment
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture, and database management
- Introductory and onboarding calls to students and parents
- Facilitate sharing of resources and knowledge to support recruitment of new female students onto the programme.
- To liaise with local schools, and to understand what is important to them in order to develop the best possible relationship
- To be first point of contact for parents, answering any questions and reassuring them of our programme
- To follow a proven script of onboarding individuals and taking them through the process from enquiry to academy student
- Deliver and organise presentations, career fairs, virtual presentations, PE sessions and workshops (You may be required to travel to locations in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas)
- Increase engagement for female trials and enrollment numbers
- Responding to all inbound phone calls and emails from prospective customers
- Call through leads that have entered the enquiry section of the CRM
- Organise events with local female football clubs: arranging guest training sessions, masterclasses, tournaments etc
- Developing and helping to establish new markets and opportunities for the company
- Accurate reporting of Pipeline
- Direct potential students and build organic traffic to the website for students to complete an application
- Outreach and onboard a new host of students/parents, schools, football clubs, organisations and partners helping grow our network to reach ambitious targets.
- Develop and foster effective relationships with the above
- Maximise personal profile to attract potential student-athletes, build funnel and onboard stakeholders for current and future academic years
- Build connections through social media platforms; LinkedIN, Facebook groups etc
- Maintain a pipeline of current and new stakeholders to achieve targets
- Provide frequent detailed reports to the Director
- Achieve targets to meet income targets
- Attend trials and events, liaise with coaches to know outcome and move students through the process in a timely manner
- Assist with applications, bursary, certificates enquiries
- Use CRM effectively; notes, updates, reports etc
- Update the necessary notes, log the calls and change the deal stages in relation to the outcome of the call
- Liaise with Marketing Manager for additional support and material, offering content ideas for marketing imagery
- Support the academy as and when needed in any capacity
- Ensuring the safety of student-athletes at all times
- To set high standards of professionalism and demonstrate a high standard of conduct, thus providing a good role model for young players
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the academy and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
- Proactive approach to provide opportunities for the academy and stakeholders
- Build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Soccer Assist
- Continuously look for ways to improve the academy offering to ensure we remain at the top
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the role and the position
- Experience working with students and academy players
- IT skills to include the ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years coaching experience
- Minimum 2 years working with elite players
- Experience working with 16-19 year olds
- Experience working in Academy football
- Experience of scouting & talent identification processes and procedures
- UEFA B licence (desirable)
- Basic First Aid for Sport
- Safeguarding & Child Protection
- PTLLS or Teaching Qualification (PGCE, MSc)
- Sports Coaching/Science/Therapy or Sports Management Degree
- Playing experience at Step 4 or above
- Minibus driving licence
- 20 days paid holiday entitlement
- 37.5 hours a week
- Birthday off
- Pension scheme
- Monthly team activities
- Opportunity to progress within the company
- Company work phone and uniform
- 2 mandatory days at academy, remaining remote
- Full training provided.
- Tattenhoe Sports Pavilion, The Pavilion, Holborn Cres, Tattenhoe, Milton Keynes, MK4 3EQ
- Newport Pagnell Town Football & Social Club, The Pavilion, Willen Rd, Newport Pagnell, MK16 0DF
- Initial exploratory phone call and video call with the Academy Manager & Director (To be completed by end of February 2022)
- Visit to the Academy and coaching session(s) (To be completed by end of March 2022)
- Decision, final questions and reference checks (June 2022)
- Start Date: August 2022 or ASAP for the right candidate