Head of Sustainability
Salary and Benefits
- Up to £60,000 per annum dependant on experience
- 5% Club Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days based on length of service
- Non-Contributory Pension scheme / Private Health Care
- Membership for domestic games, Tickets for International Games and loads more
Our ambition is to be the most sustainable cricket stadium in the UK and to be a leader and pioneer for sustainability across sport.
This role will lead and coordinate the Club’s work in this area, including the further development and implementation of our sustainability strategy including an approach to hosting and staging sustainable events.
This role will create vision and ownership around sustainability where we will ensure the Club remains positioned as an exemplar showcase for sustainable event delivery.
What you’ll do
- further develop the – already award winning sustainability strategy and work with the Culture and Values board to establish an agreed framework, create policy and oversee the direction of a sustainability programme
- work across all departments to ensure sustainability is effectively embedded in working practices
- set up and coordinate an internal sustainability working group to support innovation, staff initiatives and data collection and analysis
- lead on specific workstreams related to governance and managing impact in relation to;
- Climate action
- Sustainable sourcing and circular economy
- Management systems
- Sustainability reporting
- establish and effectively manage relationships with relevant external stakeholders
- ensure that the Club and Venue are legally compliant in their sustainability policies, procedures and reporting
- ensure the Club’s sustainability policies and practices are effectively communicated through internal training and education programmes
- track trends and developments to inform new initiatives and advise on good practice, relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks to deliver sustainability ambitions and goals
- create an approach to hosting and staging sustainable events by understanding our sustainability impact, seeking ways to partner and collaborate with commercial partners and suppliers to create positive impacts, demonstrate innovative solutions and technologies
- scan the marketplace for emerging technology, solutions, infrastructure, and materials which can be incorporated into our staging and operations model
- track, record and calculate event carbon footprint
- work closely with the communications, marketing and supporter services teams to develop and implement innovative fan engagement strategies on key sustainability issues such as climate impact, reuse of materials, and spectator off-setting.
The successful candidate will have the following experience / skills / qualities:
- proven ability to lead, implement and deliver sustainability commitments on time and within budget ideally within a sport venue
- thorough knowledge of environmental issues including but not limited to:
- corporate sustainability best practices
- environmental legislation & regulations
- sustainability/carbon reporting
- proven interpersonal skills and ability to develop trust and influence others including experience in stakeholder engagement
- detailed understanding of the policy environment regarding climate impact, waste and resources, energy and transport, and environmental conservation
- strong communication and project management capabilities
- experienced user of Microsoft Office applications
- excellent attention to detail and strong written communication skills, with an ability to produce written reports, policies, guidelines and develop training programmes
- ability to evaluate technical information and provide concise informed advice on options and solutions
- degree in Sustainability, Sustainable Development, Environmental Management, or similar subject.
Please e-mail your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this role and stating current salary to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 11th April 2022.
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age.
Access our ‘Careers in…’ webinar series on our YouTube channel