Head of Safety and Security
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley and Turf Moor is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and motivated Head of Safety and Security.
The safety of all staff and visitors to Turf Moor is fundamental and in accordance with legislation and company policy, this role will be responsible for ensuring the safety of all spectators and visitors on a match-day.
The individual will be an integral member of the Club responsible for the implementation, management and development of all Club safety policies, ensuring compliance with legislative and other requirements as laid down by the relevant statutory and governing bodies.
In addition to overseeing the clubs match day safety requirements, the individual will bring innovative ideas to the workplace, with a focus on improving and providing an exceptional match day experience and service for supporters and visitors to the Club.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Head of Safety and Security will be expected to:
- Have overall management, leadership, and development of our match day safety operation.
- Liaise with all associated authorities, such as safety certificate issuing authority, Police, Fire and Ambulance, SGSA, Local Authority, FA, and Football League etc.
- Develop and implement all associated policy and documentation so as to comply fully with the Clubs Ground Safety Certificate.
- Oversee and manage the stewarding contracts/requirements (recruitment, training, and deployment).
- Manage the pre and post match internal briefings/debriefs including with the appropriate match day staff/authorities.
- Bring innovative ideas, with a focus on improving and providing an exceptional match day experience and service for supporters and visitors to the Club.
- Manage and lead the on-site security team.
- Continually develop, monitor and review health, safety and security policies, procedures and guidance.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- NVQ Level 4 in Spectator Safety Management (or working towards).
- Experience in working with large numbers of spectators/personnel.
- The ability to implement and manage safety procedures at all levels.
- Management experience with a wide knowledge of the safety issues in relevant sporting venues.
- Membership of the Football Safety Officers Association.
- A NEBOSH Health & Safety Management Certificate or equivalent.
- Membership of the Venue Managers Association.
- Knowledge of safety certification in sports grounds.
- Working knowledge of ‘Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds – fifth edition’ and similar guidance.
- Working knowledge of Football Authority’s regulations and guidance concerning crowd management and spectator safety.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work all matchdays which will include evenings and weekends.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the Burnley Football Club website (alternative format available upon request). Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.