Head of Insight and Strategy
To support high-quality insight-led decision making, effective strategy and project management, as well as robust programme monitoring and evaluation across the organisation. You will play a critical role in overseeing the development and delivery of high-quality research, insight and data analytics activity across our varied activities, whilst also shaping our strategic planning and project management processes.
- Lead responsibility for all insight activities, managing the effective development and delivery of a calendar of event, club, member and other ad hoc surveys, as well as other internal and externally delivered research activities.
- Design, plan and deliver primary research (quantitative and qualitative) as well as undertaking analysis and interpretation of secondary data from a broad range of sources. Draw actionable insight and conclusions from research and make recommendations. Identify key risks and growth opportunities. Present and communicate complex information in a clear and understandable way for a range of audiences both within and outside the organisation.
- Provide Project Management Office (PMO) support to key internal projects as required.
- Shape and support effective project management of cross-organisational strategy development and implementation activities.
- Ensure appropriate performance management systems are implemented where necessary, including monthly reporting and manage cross-organisational reporting for Sport England (and UK Sport where appropriate) as well as other externally funded programmes.
- Lead on the development of a new social impact monitoring and evaluation system across British Rowing activities.
- Contribute to continued engagement with other key internal and external stakeholders on their research requirements and respond to requests for information (e.g. British Rowing staff members, volunteers, committees, Sport England, media/press).
- Oversee/ support programme monitoring and evaluation activities for Love Rowing, British Rowing’s Charitable Foundation.
- Day-to-day line management of one Data Analyst, helping them to manage their workload and supporting their professional development.
- Oversee and manage the Data Analysts day to day work on our SAS Analytics (British Rowing Partner) supported data analytics projects. Current projects including Athlete Longitudinal Profiling, Ranking Points Index and National Data Analytics.
- Provide market intelligence to inform British Rowing decision making.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV alongside a covering letter to HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in applying for this Head of Insight and Strategy job vacancy? Access careers guidance from Recruitment consultants and careers advisors on how to create a powerful CV and letter of application via our ‘Careers’ section of our website.