A fantastic opportunity at the London Football Association has become available as Head of Football Services. Ideally based in London (with scope for flexible working) the successful candidate that takes on the role as Head of Football Services will earn £42,000 per annum.
The London FA is responsible for governing, safeguarding and developing football across London. In line with its new 2020-2025 strategy, the Head of Football Services will be responsible for implementing a long-term vision for the football services department. At the heart of this strategy is a vision to harness the power of grassroots football to enrich more lives in London. This is the perfect opportunity to join the organisation at an exciting period of transformation and modernisation.
The London FA is a diverse and inclusive team committed to representing the many rich and varied communities across London. Therefore, as an equal opportunities employer, the association actively seeks to promote diversity in its workforce.
As the Head of Football Services your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading the football services department, providing strategic direction to create a long-term vision that aligns with both the FA’s National Game Strategy and London FA’s strategy,
- To contribute to the organisation’s inclusion and diversity objectives, embedding these principles across the football services department
- To act as Deputy Senior Safeguarding Lead, and lead the safeguarding team to deliver the safeguarding operational plan
- Conducting an efficiency review of the football services department and implementing changes to ensure a customer-centric approach
- Leading on all aspects relating to football governance, discipline, regulation and cup competitions.
- Identifying and monitoring KPIs for the continuous performance improvement of the football services department
- Empowering the football services team, to ensure their work matches both the business need, their personal ambitions and individual skill-sets
To be considered for the role as Head of Football Services you must be self-motivated and driven. In addition, the following key skills and experience are essential:
- Leadership experience, with a demonstrated history of strategic thinking, problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to coach, develop and manage the performance of staff and experience setting and monitoring KPIs
- Experience in redesigning service delivery for the more efficient delivery of outcomes
- Strong communication skills, with a focus on building trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders. As well as excellent customer service skills and experience implementing customer service solutions
- A working understanding and application of inclusion, equality and anti – discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Budget management experience, specifically in redesigning service delivery for more efficient delivery of outcomes
- Experience growing income and reducing expenditure across one or more work areas
- Project management experience including planning, setting and achieving objectives to deadlines
Listen to leading professionals in our ‘Careers in..’ webinar series on our YouTube channel.