Swansea City AFC Academy are looking to recruit a Head of Education & Player Care to be responsible & accountable for the smooth, efficient & professional operation of all Education & Player Care matters within the Academy.
The successful applicant will be required to provide education support for all Academy players, build relationships with external education providers and provide a central point of contact for all safeguarding and welfare concerns within the Academy.
- To lead, manage and develop the Academy’s Education and Player Care department in line with the Club’s strategic objectives, APP and the EPPP.
- To report to the Head of Academy Operations on all aspects of the education and player care provision
- Work with the Operations and Player Care Assistant.
- Regulation and management of the PMA (Performance Clock) for individual and group tasks relating to the educational aspects within the Professional Development Phase.
- Participate in all staff CPD activities.
- Develop, deliver and maintain a Life Skills Programme for all academy age groups.
- Be responsible for ensuring trialists are appropriately cared for and accommodated during their trial periods.
- Act as loaned player liaison, ensuring that those players are appropriately accommodated and care for whilst away from the Club.
- Develop and manage all exits and releases ensuring that those players are provided with the necessary support and information to move forwards.
- Develop a transition strategy for players between each development phase and those leaving the Club.
- Be responsible for reporting educational attainment to the League Football Education department.
- Any further duties as required by the Senior Management Team within a multi-disciplinary approach.
- (BEd) degree, or Bachelor of Arts (BA), or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree
- PGCE/Cert Ed
- Teaching experience
- Up to date knowledge of Ofsted/Estyn requirements and Apprenticeship reforms
- Current DBS certification
- Knowledge and understanding of post-16 education provision and support strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of player care (including loans, trials / trialists, transitions, releases)
- Ability to maintain relationships with schools, colleges, parents and players
- Ability to provide a Lifestyle Management Programme for all academy age groups (u9-u23)
- Competent in the use of IT software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint/Keynote.
- Experience of working within a football scholarship programme for young people aged 16-18 years (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within professional football
- Experience of welfare provision around safeguarding young people
Swansea City AFC strives to ensure it provides an environment where everyone’s rights, dignity and individual worth is respected and takes a zero tolerance approach to any form of discrimination. Equal Opportunity is an integral part of our recruitment and selection process and we welcome applications from all individuals who feel they meet the core requirements of the role. We are particularly encouraging applications from women, disabled people and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals who are currently under-represented within the organisation. All appointments will be made on merit of skill and experience relative to the role.
The Executives In Sport Group are exclusively retained on behalf of Swansea City AFC to appoint their Head of Education and Player Care.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Tom Beswick, Retained Consultant at The Executives Group via the ‘Apply’ button below
All direct applicants will be forwarded to The Executives In Sport Group for review.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We ask that applicants complete our diversity monitoring form here: https://forms.office.com/r/WaLBi0PUm3 questions are optional. You are not obliged to answer any of these questions but the more information you supply, the more effective our monitoring will be. All information supplied is anonymous and will not be viewed by recruiting managers.