Burnley FC is an established professional football club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Head of Academy Sport Science to join our Academy Management Team and oversee the Sports Science and Strength and Conditioning provision for all players.
Reporting to the Academy Director the Head of Academy Sports Science will be expected to:
- Monitor and educate players on the importance of daily wellbeing, hydration and nutrition.
- Implement fitness testing sessions across the course of the season.
- Liaise with coaching staff to deliver sessions with relevant training durations and intensities.
- Take a lead role on the planning and implementation of pre-season.
- To plan and deliver strength and conditioning sessions for the professional development phase players.
- To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- UKSCA qualification.
- BASES accreditation.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working within a Category 1 / 2 Academy.
- Level 2 coaching qualification or UEFA B license or similar.
- FA Safeguarding Qualification.
- Level 2 first aid qualification.
- A positive attitude towards professional development and their own learning.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the Burnley Football Club website (alternative format available upon request). Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Careers in Sport and Exercise Science webinar on YouTube