|Job vacancy:||Head of Academy Recruitment|
|Remuneration + benefits||· £Competitive, depending on experience and qualifications
· 28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays)
· Long service holidays
· Free parking
|Contract type:||· Permanent
· Full time: 40 hours per week – must be prepared to work evenings and weekends as per fixture / training requirements
|Location:||Burnley FC Training Ground, Habergham Drive, Padiham, BB12 8UA|
|Closing date:||Thursday 7th October 2021 @ 9am. However, should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.|
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
A exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced talent identifier at a pivotal time of transition and change for Burnley Football Club.
The Head of Academy Recruitment will be part of the academy management team and be involved in implementing the direction and strategic plan for talent identification and recruitment into the academy.
Reporting to the Academy Director, the Head of Academy Recruitment will be expected to:
- Manage the recruitment strategy at the Academy (ages 6 – 23) working closely with the Academy Director and in co-ordination with any other Academy Recruitment department heads.
- Develop clearly defined and effective Talent Identification and Recruitment policies and procedures.
- Implement and maintain the Premier League’s ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Academy Recruitment department.
- Develop and expand an established network of contacts to grow the reputation of the Club and recruit the most sought-after talent available.
- Identify and establish viable targets in positions for each age group throughout the Academy for the Academy Succession Plan.
- Develop and maintain regionalised, national, and international scouting network for the Professional Development phases (U18 & U23 Squads).
- Manage a team of recruitment staff to ensure their time is used efficiently and defined objectives are successfully achieved.
- Continually monitor the Club’s Academy scouting network performances and players identified.
- Act on information promptly to promote player decisions with the Club becoming the primary choice for players.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the senior football and recruitment staff.
- Produce monthly performance reports reflecting statistics and relevant data of the Academy recruitment department.
- Lead monthly recruitment staff meetings reviewing KPIs, performance and areas to develop within the department.
- Attend all player progression meetings at intervals throughout player pathways and advise on recruitment opportunities at all age groups.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and strategies.
- Have an understanding of how Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics work within the department to maximise Talent I.D.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
An ideal candidate will have;
- FA Talent Identification Level 4.
- FA Safeguarding Certificate.
- A proven track record of working within a defined recruitment framework and being successful identifying, recruiting and signing of young players.
- Experience of working within international recruitment markets and key stakeholders within.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the football environment in relation to the recruitment of players and the regulations that govern player recruitment.
- Good knowledge and strong network of other contacts within player recruitment.
- Experience of EPPP and Category 1 academies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding protocols and procedures.
- Full driving licence and access to transport.
- A flexible attitude towards working hours and availability on weekends and evenings.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the Burnley Football Club website. Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.