An excellent opportunity has arisen for a full-time Head of Academy Education within the Club’s Academy.
Reporting to the Academy Director, the role of the Head of Academy Education will be responsible for leading the delivery of the Academy’s education programmes ensuring full adherence to the requirements of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
Key Duties will be:
- To plan, organise and deliver the Academy’s education programme.
- To build and maintain links with education providers and associated partners/stakeholders such as parents, Local Education Authorities (LEAs), educational agencies and schools of the Academy scholars and schoolboys.
- To develop and maintain an effective education timetable that meets the needs of all participating Academy players.
- To lead the delivery of parents’ workshops as required.
- To conduct school visits across Academy age groups as required.
- To liaise closely with the Academy’s allocated LFE monitor & ensure all 12 weekly reports are completed and inserted onto the PMA and EMS systems.
- To collaborate with the Academy Admin & Liaison Officer to deliver the Informal Lifeskills Programme across the Academy and to create a work experience programme for the Scholars.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). (Essential)
- Teaching experience. (Essential)
- NVQ tutor & assessor. (Desirable)
- Advanced DBS check. (Essential)
- Current FA Safeguarding Certificate. (Essential)
- FA EFAiF Certificate. (Essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence. (Essential)
A full copy of the job description and person specification is available to download via https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/vacancies/
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please email your CV with “Head of Academy Education” as the subject.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check and must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Queens Park Rangers Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of our safe recruitment practice pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
Queens Park Rangers Football Club is committed to Equality.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.