Bristol Sport Foundation are hiring!
Bristol Sport Foundation (BSF), a leading provider of school and community sport delivery, are looking for exceptional candidates to join their ever-growing team of expert coaches. BSF aim to inspire the school and local communities of Greater Bristol to lead ‘Active. Healthy, Happy’ lives. As a coach, you will need to deliver safe, fun, and engaging sessions, to help enthuse, educate, and motivate your audience. We are specifically looking for people who are passionate about sport and the opportunity to make difference to the lives of children.
Working alongside our partner schools, you will play a vital role in helping children to fall in love with sport and enjoy being active. The role will also involve upskilling primary school teaching staff, empowering them to feel more confident in their abilities to deliver high quality curriculum PE, leaving a legacy in schools.
At BSF, we take pride in our two-coach model, which consists of a head coach (consistent in our partner schools for the year) and a sport specialist coach. We require coaches who specialise in one or more of the following sports: badminton, dance, gymnastics, handball hockey, netball and tennis.
The sport specialist coach will usually take the lead when delivering our high-quality PE and sport sessions. The role entails bringing passion, knowledge and energy to every single session to help enthuse and inspire every participant.
The role of the head coach differs slightly, as they are the day-to-day link between BSF and our partner schools. Our head coaches are responsible for building strong and sustainable relationships with everyone in the school community including the pupils, school staff, parents and their co-coaches. It is an ever-changing role, as schools are ever-changing places and so flexibility, diplomacy, a calm head and a highly professional demeanour are key skills that we require. The head coach will offer guidance to help shape the PE curriculum in a school, allowing BSF to meet the individual delivery needs of each partner school. The autonomy and opportunity to manage their individual school partnerships makes the head coach role appealing for individuals looking to broaden their coaching and sports development experience.
Outside of curriculum delivery, BSF are fortunate enough to offer lunch clubs, after school clubs, sports festivals, corporate events, community hubs and holiday camps. Sitting outside of the National Curriculum, our lunchtime and after school clubs, hubs and camps offer a safe and inclusive learning environment for children to try a variety of sports in a relaxed and familiar setting. Coaches will deliver lunch clubs and after school clubs daily, whereas holiday camps take place in the school holidays and our community hubs take place on weekday evenings and on Saturdays.
The roles we have available:
- 3 x Specialist Sports Coach
- 3 x Head Coach
What we expect from you and your responsibilities:
- Hold at least a Level 1 UKCC coaching qualification or qualified teacher status.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of coaching children.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- A full, valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- A passion for inspiring children to fall in love with sport and to enjoy being active.
- The ability to deliver a range of fun and engaging sports activities to school children.
- To inspire others, children, school staff and colleagues with your energy, positivity, specialist subject knowledge and desire to be the best you can possibly be.
- To always uphold professional standards and a can-do attitude.
- Able to adapt lessons to engage children of all ages and abilities.
- A growth mindset to challenge and develop yourself.
- To be conscientious and empathetic, whilst also being firm but fair.
- Possess a strong work ethic; consistent hard work and impact will be recognised.
- To continually monitor and evaluate all sessions and relationships with the aim of improving the quality, impact, and reputation of our programmes.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with schools, co-coaches, your line manager, the operations team, and the head of programmes.
- Establish positive working relationships with staff in schools, day in, day out.
- Perform your role with a smile on your face.
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive remuneration.
- A passionate, caring and experienced team to work alongside.
- The equipment required to deliver first class sessions.
- Full BSF branded sports kit.
- Travel expenses.
- Two complimentary tickets per home game to see Bristol Bears and Bristol City FC.
- Regular team building, professional development, and social events.
- Career progression opportunities with BSF, shaped by your hard work, passions and skillset.
- A spacious office at Ashton Gate Stadium.
Offices based at Ashton Gate Stadium; however, coaching delivery will be in schools and leisure facilities throughout Greater Bristol and Bath and North-East Somerset.
37.5 per week. Mainly weekdays from 9am – 4.30pm, with an unpaid lunchbreak.
From £18,000 – £22,000 dependent on level of qualifications, experience and the strength of the application.
If you are interested in joining the Bristol Sport Foundation team, please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to be a coach for the foundation to Tom Monks, Head of Programmes – firstname.lastname@example.org and Jack Trump, Coach Development Mentor – email@example.com. Please get in touch via email if you require further information.
- Closing date – Saturday, July 16th
- Practical coaching observations – Wednesday, July 20th
- Interviews – Thursday, July 21st
Careers in Sport CPD directory HERE