Kickabout Performance Academy is a developmental academy for youth football players aged 7 – 16. Based in Sheffield, our aim is to progress our youth players onto professional or semi-professional academies/youth systems.
We are now opening applications for several head coaching positions, due to start in May 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to work within our academy structure on a part-time basis.
Successful applicants will be required to deliver sessions in line with our coaching philosophy and academy curriculum, and lead their team on weekly Saturday fixtures within the Junior Premier League.
Monday: 17.00pm – 19.00pm (SGP Thorncliffe – Tactical Training).
Tuesday: 18.00pm – 19.30pm or 19.30pm – 21.00pm (Kickabout Football Centre – Match Analysis & Physical Development, biweekly).
Saturday – 09.00am – 12.00pm (Various – Match Day).
- Hold a minimum Level 2 football coaching qualification in line with the JPL league requirements.
- Hold all relevant FA Emergency First Aid & Child Safeguarding certificates.
- Significant experience of working with children.
- Experience of working within youth elite/academy football (desirable not essential).
- The ability to work within a team of coaches.
- Work towards aligned KPA aims and vision.
- Engage in continued professional development provided by KPA.
- Promote and deliver best practice at all times.
- Attend our weekly training sessions at SGP Thorncliffe and take a team in the Saturday fixtures.
- Deliver coaching sessions and team support at the Kickabout Football Centre every other Tuesday.
- Deliver sessions in line with our academy curriculum.
- Coach in line within the KPA philosophy.
- Complete individual player development plans for your team every 3 months and communicate with parents to provide an overview of a player’s development.
- Deliver the highest standards of player safety & welfare.
We invite applications from coaches with varying backgrounds, experiences and qualifications. We are an equal opportunities employer, and are keen to hear from anyone who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of their age or gender.
Please be aware that a DBS check will be carried out on the successful applicants prior to the offer of any employment.
Kickabout Performance Academy is committed to ensuring high standards of safeguarding. We invite applications from coaches with varying backgrounds, experiences and qualifications. We are an equal opportunities employer, and are keen to hear from anyone who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of their age or gender.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 4 – 5 per week
Salary: From £11.00 per hour
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sheffield, S35 3HY: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Football coaching: 3 years (preferred)
- FA level 2 qualification in Football Coaching (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (preferred)
Application deadline: 30/04/2022
Reference ID: KPA Head Coaching Role
Expected start date: 02/05/2022
Watch our Careers in Sports Coaching webinar on YouTube