Ross County Football Club
Ross County Football Club currently have an exciting opportunity to join the medical team as the Head Academy Physiotherapist.
The candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is seeking to advance their career within the Medical Department of a professional football club. The role is ideally suited to a recent or soon to be graduate physiotherapist looking to begin their career in professional sport. The successful applicant will work closely with the Head Physiotherapist, Academy Sport Science and Medicine staff and coaching staff to ensure quality service provision to all athletes under their care.
The role will give the opportunity to develop the applicants’ musculoskeletal, manual therapy, pitch side and rehabilitation skills as well as the provision of appropriate injury management, rehabilitation and injury prevention.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undergo CPD within the club’s medical team department.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide evidence-based care to full-time and academy athletes throughout all stages of the injury process.
- Contribute to injury prevention strategies and pro-actively seek out new ideas.
- Provide comprehensive electronic medical records.
- In conjunction with the Medical and Football Science department, plan screening and group interventions to reduce injury occurrence
- Provide pitch-side cover for Reserve and Academy matches.
- Run a weekly Youth Academy Physiotherapy clinic, providing assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation for all academy players.
- Embraces evidence-based practice and shows a desire to stay at the forefront of sports medicine.
- Maintain excellent communication between all relevant departments (Football Science and Medicine, coaching staff etc).
- BSc or MSc (Pre-registration) Physiotherapy (or approaching graduation)
- HCPC registered.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Member of HCPC and CSP
- Member of PVG Scheme
- Previous experience in professional sport setting
- Sports First Aid Certificate (recognised by SFA)
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this opportunity please send a brief covering statement and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark the subject field of your email application ‘Academy Physiotherapist’.
Ross County Football Club reserve the right to close the application process should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date