Mickleover Gymnastics is a well established 11,000 sq ft purpose built gymnastics centre with around 700 members. The club’s main disciplines are Women’s Artistic, Team Gym, Acro, General Gym and Pre-School.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Level 2 qualified coach preferably in Women’s Artistic gymnastics to fill the role as a full-time coach to work across the numerous disciplines and help run our expanding club.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic and willing to develop their knowledge and experience in gymnastics coaching.
Hours: Up to 33.5hrs per week over 5 days – which will include some evenings and Saturdays.
Salary package: £17,420 – £20,904 (dependent on experience and qualifications) 187 hours holiday per annum
Position also open to self-employed candidates with negotiable hours.
The ideal candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fellow coaches, parents and children alike.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and ability to use initiative.
- Must be sensible, responsible and have good leadership skills.
- Dedication to the club and the groups under their supervision.
- Ability to work well within a team of coaching staff.
- Good organisation skills and ability to plan effectively.
- Must be able to adapt and be flexible with differing hours/demand from time to time.
- To assist and oversee overall running of club sessions.
- Design and deliver beginner & intermediate training programmes for recreational gymnasts both boys & girls.
- To help deliver artistic squad training programme.
- To lead sessions where necessary.
- To manage and mentor young leaders who assist within the sessions.
- To attend both in-house and external events on Sundays when required.
- Be responsible for opening up and locking up of gymnastics centre.
- To deal with customers and take payments at reception.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum L2 coaching qualification (preferably WA but other disciplines will be considered)
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children certificate is essential
- Must have current enhanced DBS
- Minimum age 18yrs
- Ideally hold a full UK driving licence
- Must have previous experience in leading gymnastics sessions for recreational and assisting in squad sessions.
- Must be willing to further qualifications.
- Must demonstrate good technical knowledge of gymnastics, and be familiar with competition levels.
- First Aid qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
- A judging qualification would be advantageous. If successful, the candidate will need to provide at least one contactable reference.