AFC Bournemouth are looking for two skilled grounds persons on a permanent full-time basis to join the grounds team, to assist in the maintenance of the club’s grounds at the Vitality Stadium, training ground and Academy sites.
Reporting to the head of grounds, the successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for the industry, ambition to improve themselves and thrive to present the club’s playing surfaces to the highest standards.
Responsibilities and duties
- Undertake routine maintenance work of playing surfaces and landscape as detailed on work schedules or as directed by supervisor
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in surface maintenance
- Inform supervisor, where appropriate, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment
- Any other duties that the head of grounds sees fit, providing that such duties are appropriate to the post
- Safety awareness in accordance with health and safety regulations the jobholder is required to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of the persons who may be affected by their activities
- Workplace at the either of two sites stadium, training ground and/or Academy
Activities include but are not exclusive to
Carry out grass cutting, line marking, aeration, scarification, divoting, brushing, weeding, debris clearance, litter picking, pressure washing, pitch set up, hedge cutting and spraying.
- Assist in the specialist maintenance of the club’s grounds
- Take part in any in-house training as deemed necessary
- Keep and maintain in good and clean condition all plant, tools and equipment belonging to the club
- To be trained on machinery used on the grounds
- Keep and maintain in good condition all plant tools and equipment used by the team
- Dealing with the teams, players and/or public who may have questions or need assistance
- You will be required to be helpful, polite and respectful towards anyone as part of your work
Requirements for the successful candidate
- Qualified to (or working towards) a minimum of ND2/NVQ 2 (or equivalent) in sports turf/horticulture (essential)
- Industry related experience (essential)
- Driving licence (essential)
- Spraying certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6 (desirable)
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications in 14th May 2021.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We particularly encourage applications from women, and individuals from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.