|Job Vacancy:||Graphic Designer|
|Hours of work:||You will have a standard working week of a minimum of 35 hours (usually Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm).However, you will be required to occasionally work outside of normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and match days, as required.|
|Salary Range:||£18,000 – £23,500 per annum, dependent on experience|
|Location:||Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX|
|Reporting to:||Marketing and Events Manager|
Burnley FC in the Community is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility – Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
In the role of Graphic Designer you will work with Burnley FC in the Community’s Marketing and Events Manager to deliver the charity’s graphic design requirements, producing wide-ranging online and offline assets.
You will work as part of a wider team and may have other duties allocated to you, as and when required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Producing graphics for the charity, including but not exclusive to social media assets, website graphics, flyers, posters, banners, leaflets, programme adverts and merchandise.
- Understand the importance of marketing and communications across a scope of platforms.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas.
- Work as part of a wider, innovative team.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure the service is delivered and managed in accordance with the Charity’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC And Burnley FC in the Community brands and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
- Demonstrate the Burnley FC in the Community values at all times.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Experience of working in a similar role or a comprehensive portfolio of own design work.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Highly competent using all MAC equipment.
- The ability to edit photographs.
- Self-motivation and able to work meticulously, both individually and as a team, to achieve tight deadlines.
- Full clean driving license, with access to own transport.
- A good standard of written English.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- An understanding of the nature of working for fast-paced, dynamic organisations, with the ability to adapt to quickly changing situations and movable workloads.
- Meticulous standards and excellent attention to detail.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- An organised and efficient approach to work.
- Photography experience.
- A passion for sport and the community.
- An understanding of Burnley and the surrounding geographical areas.
To apply for this role please email your CV and portfolio to our HR Manager, Ann-Marie Bradley, on Ann-Marie.Bradley@burnleyfc.com.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified*
Interested in applying for this job vacancy? Access careers advice on writing a letter of application and a CV via our ‘Careers’ section.