This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful department with a national reputation for Physical Education and Games. The PE department is a well-resourced
department that offers professional development opportunities and training. At present Bromsgrove School Physical Education Department consists of eleven full time staff (4 in the Prep and 7 in the Senior School) we also employ a number of specialist coaches. Physical Education and Games are seen as an extremely important part of school life at Bromsgrove. Bromsgrove School is one of the leading sports schools in the country. We wish to maintain and develop our high standards. Playing and coaching experience at a high level in any of the major sports would be an advantage. The School has a very high reputation with a strong fixture list across the Country.
We are looking to appoint recent graduates to coach sport with effect from September 2020. Our preference is for candidates who can offer expertise in the major school games including rugby, cricket, hockey, football, netball, tennis, and athletics. The successful candidates will play a significant role in the coaching of sport in the School, and will assist with the management of School teams and the House sport programme. They will be expected to be available at all times that School sport takes place, including Saturdays during term-time. They will also be expected to contribute fully to boarding school life and have the opportunity to be accommodated in School accommodation.
The successful candidates will also play a role in the wider life of the P.E. department, and may be able to contribute to other academic faculties.
- To enhance the image and reputation of the Department, both within the School and amongst parents and visitors.
- To help supervise the day to day running of the PE curriculum.
- Help with the organisation of both PE and Games programmes for all students.
- To help with the organisation of fixtures, transport and catering for one of the major sports.
- To take responsibility for the coaching of a squad in each term.
- To assist, where required, with other School squads, including the 1st team in their major sport.
- To assist with the delivery of an enhanced sports science framework, to include video analysis, strength and conditioning and physiological monitoring and assessment.
- To become a mentor to a small group of gifted and talented pupils who may or may not be Sports Scholars, involving regular tutorials.
- To assist with the organisation and implementation of the annual Sports Scholarship assessments.
- To assist with Prep School Taster Days and our annual tournaments.
- To attend the weekly PE department meetings in both the Prep and Senior Schools.
- To assist in developing and clearly laying down the department’s policy and procedures consistent with the Aims and Methodology of the School.
- Participating in the School’s appraisal programme, assist the Head of Department by drawing comments about staff that support the games programme.
- Supporting members of the academic staff assisting games who may be having problems with individual pupils or classes, ensuring that pupil discipline is maintained.
- Ensuring proper record keeping within the department and ensuring that reporting, both internally and to parents, is consistent with the policy of the School. Registration of both Games and PE lessons to include both effort and attainment grades.
Accommodation: Rent free accommodation is available.
Additional Benefits: Free lunch during term time, car parking, use of library and sports membership at a nominal fee.
How to apply
Please visit the School website www.bromsgrove-school.co.uk and complete the online Application Form.
Alternatively you can download the application form and send by post to:
The Personnel Office
The closing date for all applications is 19th February 2021 with interviews taking place in week commencing 22nd February or 1st March
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks
with past employers and the DBS