Contract Type: Fixed-Term (season long)
Hours per Week: 12 hours
Location: Sheffield United Women training facilities and various opposition Clubs
Line Manager: Head Coach (Sheffield United Women)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with Sheffield United Women first team as a Goalkeeping Coach. We are looking for someone who has a passion for the progression and development of a team who can work closely with our Goalkeepers and form individual development plans for players to achieve their potential. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring, with a proven track record of monitoring and enhancing high performance within a team.
Due to the nature of this role we are looking for someone with full flexibility, who is able to attend evening training sessions and match day fixtures.
- To coach, monitor and report on the progress of all goalkeepers within SUFC Women’s team.
- Implement and monitor the SUFC Women’s Coaching Syllabus.
- To ensure that all playing, training and relevant information on all SUFC Women’s Goalkeeper’s is recorded on the WPS and is kept up to date at all times throughout the season.
- To play a part in the organisation and delivery of SUFC Women’s In-service training events organised throughout the season.
- To have a clear understanding of the SUFC Women’s philosophy, vision, values and culture.
- To regularly liaise with RTC GK coach regarding development of all Club GKS.
- To take responsibility for your own health, safety and welfare, ensuring compliance with Sheffield United’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and safe systems of work.
- To remember that the players safety and welfare are paramount and it is the responsibility of all staff and to ensure that every opportunity is taken to create and maintain an environment where children are safe and treated appropriately: to comply with Sheffield United’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake all reasonable training, learning and development activity designed to support you in your role
The following knowledge and experience are essential for the role:
- UEFA B Licence holder
- FA Licensed Coach (Member of the Licensed Coaches Club to cover Safeguarding and First Aid in Football)
- Experience of and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring elite young and senior players and/or coaches
- Track record of consistent high performance in a professional environment
- Analysing & Interpreting
- Organising & Executing
- Coping with pressures & setbacks
- Adhering to principles & values
- Great Communication Skills
- To uphold an Enhanced DBS check
The following knowledge and experience are desirable for the role:
- Interacting & Presenting
Click here to download the application form. Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department email@example.com or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th November.
Please note that in the instance of high volumes of applications we may close this vacancy earlier than the closing date noted above.
Provisional Interview Dates: w/c 16th November 2020.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of her/his eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK