|Job vacancy:||Goalkeeper Coach (Shadow Youth Team)|
|Remuneration + benefits:||
|Contract type:||Fixed Term until June 2023 (with a view to extending in line with funding)
Part time [6 hours per week to include some evening and weekends]
|Closing date:||Friday 22nd July 2022
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Goalkeeper Coach. The successful applicant will be lead on the coaching and preparation of the Shadow Youth Team (SYT) goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches.
Reporting to the Football Development Manager, the Goalkeeper Coach will be expected to:
- Prepare the Football Education (SYT & P16G) goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches.
- Plan and deliver all goalkeeping sessions within Football Education, boy’s and girl’s player development centres as per the training and match schedule.
- Monitor and report on performance, evaluating against agreed goals.
- Communicate regularly with the Football Development Manager to ensure match day preparations and team selections are in place.
- Promote a positive environment for learning and development within the team.
- Liaise with the rest of the SYT coaches and support staff.
- Maintain professional registration with relevant governing bodies and organisations.
- Ensure that the health and safety issues are implemented in all areas of the programme.
- Identify talented individuals involved in the projects and refer those individuals to appropriate destinations.
- Be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
- FA Level 1 in Coaching Goalkeepers
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Minimum two years’ experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience of designing and implementing GK development programmes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust and relationships.
- Team player who will put team and player success over individual success.
- A sound understanding of safeguarding and welfare requirements.
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Goalkeepers.
- Member of the FA Coaches Club.
- Current and up to date First Aid Qualification.
- Experience of GK Coaching in an elite environment.
- Knowledge of elite level requirements.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the BFC in the Community website (alternative format available upon request). BFCitC no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.