|Job vacancy:||Global Partnerships Associate|
|Remuneration + benefits:||
|Contract type:||35 hours per week, usually Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm but flexible to suit the needs of the role. You will also be required to work ad hoc match days.|
|Location:||Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX|
|Closing date:||Thursday 6th May at 9:00am|
|Interview date:||Week commencing 10th May 2021|
Who are we?
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history.
Proud founder members of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882. We moved to our Turf Moor home shortly afterwards, at the invitation of the town’s cricket club, which is still uniquely situated next to the stadium.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
We are looking to expand our Partnerships Team and an exciting brand-new opportunity awaits an enthusiastic and tenacious Global Partnerships Associate to join the team. This is fantastic time to join the Club with the introduction of our new global partnership opportunities.
This is an ambitious and exciting new role where the successful candidate will take ‘Brand Burnley’ out into the global community.
Reporting to the Head of Global Partnerships will be expected to:
- Drive revenue for Burnley Football Club across key global brand categories.
- Maintain a healthy partnership sales pipeline.
- Work alongside the Head of Global Partnerships to support the wider team to drive commercial opportunities across all brand sectors.
- Keep team administration documents up to date.
- Research partnership trends.
- Work with agencies appointed by Burnley Football Club to report on partnership measurement and evaluation.
- Assist with partnership management as and when required.
- Work with all key stakeholders internally to sign off partnership rights and activation plans ahead of acquisition.
- Manage and develop partnership proposals in line with the Club’s international development plan.
- Assist with hosting and activating partners on match day.
- Understand P&L.
- Be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- Work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties and is not exhaustive. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description.
An ideal candidate will have;
- A degree-level education.
- Understanding of brands and how partnerships work.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven understanding of sports business (desirable).
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role (desirable).
- Experience of working towards and exceeding sales targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work ad hoc evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by sending a completed application form to HR@burnleyfc.com. You can find our application form on the Burnley FC website. Please include examples of work in your application. Burnley FC no longer accept CV’s.
IF YOU REQUIRE THE APPLICATION FORM IN AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE HR DEPARTMENT ON EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:
ADDRESS: BURNLEY FOOTBALL CLUB, TURF MOOR, HARRY POTTS WAY, BURNLEY, LANCASHIRE BB10 4BX.
TELEPHONE: 01282 446800
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.