Ipswich Sports Club is an award winning Community Amateur Sports Club run by the members, for the members at the heart of the local community and plays an important role in providing excellent leisure and sport facilities to the area.
Ipswich Sports Club require a truly exceptional, driven and proven General Manager to help take the Club to the next level.
As General Manager you will be responsible inspiring, motivating and leading our team to deliver an exceptional experience for our members. You will work strategically with our Board members and Senior management team to manage, navigate and develop the Club’s membership and financial performance.
Our General Manager needs to possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities, be an experienced commercial operator with the mind-set and skills to influence change within a members’ environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic sport and leisure professional who can demonstrate:
- A minimum of two years senior management experience in the sport and leisure industry.
- Excellent financial awareness
- Competent in the use of relevant IT and management information systems.
- Team-orientated interpersonal skills and an ability to manage the demands of members and visitors in a busy environment.
- Comfortable working under pressure and ability to multi-task
- Strong understanding of health and safety and risk management
- Strong background in membership sales and achieving membership targets