Job Title: Football Services Assistant
Location: Whitley Park, Whitley Road, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9FA
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 17:00 on 22 October 2021
Vacancy Type: Full-Time fixed contract until June 2024 (extension dependent on funding).
Northumberland FA is committed to using the power of football to inspire, unite and create opportunities for all. These are exciting times for County FA as we have as we embark on our new grassroots football strategy for the next three years from July 2021. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to deliver this.
You can find out more about Northumberland FA and the work we do on our website at www.northumberlandfa.com
Northumberland FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Northumberland FA is looking for an energetic and committed administrator for our Compliance department with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative support of our Compliance department, including overseeing the successful running of our county cup provision.
Please see the person specification for a full outline of what we are looking for in terms of skills, experience, and qualifications.
- To support delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and the Northumberland Football Association Business Strategy.
- To assist in the efficient running of the Compliance Department
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
What we can offer
- A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
- Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
- Access to high-quality training, networking, and personal development opportunities.
- A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Other benefits.
Equality and Diversity
Northumberland FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Complete the Application Form found here no later than 17:00 on Friday 22 October 2021. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Tuesday 26 October 2021 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be held on Thursday 04 November 2021 and Friday 05 November 2021; we will attempt to accommodate any requests.
- If required, second interviews may be held to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Dean Buckle (Head of Compliance & Inclusion) on 07458 043678 for an informal discussion.