Football and Education Programme Assistant Football Coach
Reporting to: Myles Cooper (Head of Football Development)
To assist on coaching, including training and match days, within the Football and Education programme. To plan, deliver and review in accordance with the Solihull Moors technical programme.
Key Roles in the Assistant Football Coach position:
- Implementation of the coaching syllabus for the designated group as per Solihull Moors technical programme and philosophy.
- Assist the lead coach within training and games for the designated group.
- Promote collaboration in the delivery of the programme.
- To plan, deliver and review coaching sessions as scheduled in the weekly plan.
- Manage appropriate playing opportunities for all eligible players.
- Ensure appropriate communications of future activities and/or changes. (Times/dates).
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the role as and when required.
- To take responsibility for all kit and resources associated with training and fitness ensuring the highest possible standards.
- Communicate and promote the Football and Education culture therefore creating a positive environment for the development of young players and people.
- Engage in an integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the wellbeing of the players/students at all times. Liaising with the Safeguarding Manager and Education and Pastoral Director.
- Abide by clubs code of conduct.
Place of Work:
Place of work will be alternate between the SportNation.bet stadium and Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst with the occasional opposition stadium.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- FA Level 2
- Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Experience in coaching and developing players
- Proven ability to systematically analyse and communicate technical and tactical coaching information
- Knowledge of technical and tactical components of in possession, out of possession and transition strategies
- Inspirational coaching style with the ability to use a variety of styles
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Driving Licence
Qualifications & Experience Desirable:
- Degree in sports related subject
- Recent experience of coaching Youth Development/Professional Development Phase players
- D1 Minibus Licence
Hours of Work: Part-Time
Days of Work: Flexibility is required
Start Date: Monday 5th August 2019
Remuneration: £12 an hour plus matchday fee
Interested in a career in football? Or working in the football industry? Check out our dedicated ‘Careers in Football‘ section on our website.