Events Sales Manager (1 year fixed term Maternity cover)
Allianz Park Events team are an integral function within the Saracens Rugby Club family. The events team are seeking to employ an Events Sales Manager for maternity cover for a one year period. The role will involve selling our hospitality spaces by converting corporate and private event enquiries into confirmed business. In order to confirm an event, the client must sign a contract and pay a deposit. The event is then passed on the Events Co-ordinator, therefore allowing this position to focus on the momentum of selling quickly and efficiently.
Key activities performed by event sales managers include account management, business development, market research, sales prospecting, public relations, customer relationship management, event planning and coordination, logistics oversight, revenue management, and communications. They also prepare proposals for clients and maintain well-organized event records. Event sales managers build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners, and leverage these relationships to deliver innovative and memorable events.
Specific duties include:
- Monitor, manage and exceed your personal and departmental monthly sales quotas, through adhering to established sales guidelines, programs and procedures.
- Concentrate the majority of effort and time towards establishing close relationships with large corporate clients containing 50 or more employees, and any venue-finding agencies, ensuring they are always up to date on promotions, packages and news.
- Ensure efficient and accurate creation of all client documents such as Quotes, Contracts and Invoices, as per procedures set by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Ensure a smooth transition when handing over your confirmed event clients, to the Event Coordinator, and only once a contract is signed and deposit paid.
- Contract events according to established procedures set by the Head of Conference & Events, while ensuring catering minimums are met and key dates/spaces are optimized to maximum profit and potential.
- Reestablish contact with their clients post event for feedback, future sales and client retention reasons, thus completing the sales loop for each event’s client/booker.
- Professionally represent your venue in all sales transactions and networking opportunities, such as related industry meetings, functions and shows.
- As required, assist with collection of past due debts from event
- Create and submit required personal sales reports when due.
- Respond empathetically and professionally to any customer complaints, seeking advice from the Head of Conference & Events for any uncertainties, either before, during or post event.
- Become proficient in the use of IvVy software, follow it’s procedures as set by the Head of Conference & Events, while always quality controlling any inputted data.
- Prepare for and attend the weekly sales meeting and BEO meeting, having completed any of your action points from the previous meeting.
- Adhere to the standard daily office hours, leave policy, lunch procedure, and departmental dress code, as set by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Support the Head of C&E in training, developing and managing a Junior Event Sales Manager and/or Event Sales Assistant.
The Event Sales Manager role is ideal for an existing proactive sales manager who has experience selling spaces with a creative approach. You will be confident, self-motivated, bubbly, outgoing and driven by your own success.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) and will be based at Allianz Park. There will be some out of hours and weekend work so flexibility will be a key part within the role.
This is a direct recruitment campaign – no agencies please.
Due to the high volumes of applications, only successful candidates will be notified.
Are you interested in a career in sport? Working in the sports industry? Jobs in Football? Jobs at Saracens? Check out more vacancies on our Jobs Board.