To assist the Events Manager in delivery of the London Youth Games programme. After your initial induction, your role will include the following responsibilities as listed below. The post-holder will be responsible for both events administration and delivery. This is a busy and rewarding role, and you must be extremely organised with great time management and a passion for delivering high quality events.
- Prepare timelines and schedules for the events.
- Collate necessary Health and Safety documentation for each event.
- Produce event paperwork including production schedules, site plans and branding plans in advance.
- Work with the wider LYG team to understand the requirements of each competition to ensure smooth delivery of each competition.
- Communicate with venues, suppliers, and contractors ahead of event days with relevant information and guides to prepare them for the event.
- Pack equipment for each event.
- Work with the Events Manager to deliver successful events.
- Set up and break down site at each event including signage, branding, and some sports equipment.
- Able to monitor and react to potential Health and Safety risks and hazards around site.
- Support on venue, medical and security liaison.
- Monitor and enhance the participant experience on site.
- React to any enquiries or concerns and escalate where appropriate.
- Support the Events volunteers and ensure everyone has a clear role and is fully briefed to undertake it.
Post Event Days
- Pack equipment back into storage neatly.
- Return any equipment if borrowed.
- Ensure de-brief meetings are booked in, relevant feedback is captured and documentation is completed
- Manage the Event Team filing and administrative processes.
- Support the wider team, and organisation, with other tasks where required • Store management and inventory • Take responsibility for coordinating VIP invitations and receptions at events.
- Be a positive and proactive member of the LYG team.