Event Operations Assistant Job Summary
Run 4 Wales, the events team behind some of Wales’ biggest mass participation events – including the Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon – is looking for an enthusiastic Event Operations Assistant to join their busy team.
Excellent time management, organisation and planning skills are essential, whist previous on-site event experience is an advantage.
The event operations assistant will be an integral part of the event operations team, supporting the production manager and event managers in the successful delivery of a range of sporting events throughout the year. Run 4 Wales currently deliver the Cardiff Bay Run, Newport Wales Marathon and 10K, Porthcawl 10K, Barry Island 10K, Dell Technologies Management Challenge and the Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon.
Tasks will be varied, challenging and time critical, and the successful applicant will need to be an active quick-thinker who is able to apply themselves to any task.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a growing and forward-thinking Welsh events company who reward hard work and commitment with an engaging and flexible working environment.
This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday during regular office hours (09:00-17:00) as well as up to 10 event weekends for which time off in lieu is offered.
EVENT OPERATIONS DELIVERY
- Develop a good working knowledge of all Run4Wales events with the aim of improving the events further within the company’s ethos and ambitions.
- Prepare schedules and detailed logistical plans, contact sheets and travel itineraries for multiple events.
- Assist event managers in event bookings and event coordination.
- Manage and log the use of operational resources and equipment.
- Run errands, deliveries and tasks as and when requested by the R4W team.
- Maintain and develop spreadsheets, schedules and bookings.
- Liaise with contractors, strategic partners and suppliers on documentation and bookings.
- Support the management of on-site event builds.
- Conduct event-wide research and development.
- Manual handling and office administration.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; listening, written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- UK driving license
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly across different project areas
- Calm under pressure with an ability to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Must enjoy and work well in a team environment.
- Excellent IT skills on a range or software. Office, AutoCAD or Adobe Products useful.
- Knowledge or experience of event delivery or project management practices
- A good knowledge of site equipment(vehicles, barriers, PPE, safety equipment and tools)
- Experience of large-scale event delivery
- Knowledge and experience of event health and safety practices
- Knowledge or interest in the mass participation sport/events market
- An interest in an active lifestyle
- Welsh speaking
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking forward to hearing from you so please send your up-to-date CV and a cover letter letting us know why you believe you are suitable for the role evidencing against the job description and skills and experience required for this role.
Submit: Please email your application to: Gareth.email@example.com
Deadline: For your application to be fully considered please ensure your application reaches Run 4 Wales by the deadline of 12 noon on Friday 6th December.
Interview: Interviews will take place on Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th December.
Due to the high volume of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge all applications or provide feedback to candidates who are not selected for interview.
Run 4 Wales is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering on our equality policies. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups. If you require assistance with your application please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Run 4 Wales, Capital Retail Park, Pod 1, Leckwith Rd, Cardiff CF11 8EG.
The data you provide to us in your application will be processed by Run 4 Wales for recruitment purposes only. If you are successful in your application, this information may be retained and further processed within your personal records in accordance with our employee data privacy policies.
Jobs in Sport
Interested in this Event Operations Assistant role with Run4Wales? For more careers advice, interviews and jobs in sports events visit our jobs board.