Could you play a part in ensuring Surrey is the most active county in England? If you have experience of event management and delivery, and a passion for improving sport and physical activity, why not apply to join our dynamic and growing organisation?
Active Surrey is the lead agency for physical activity and sport in the county, and is committed to working in an innovative, inspiring and impactful way to get more people, more active, more often. This is because evidence shows that active people live healthier, happier and more prosperous lives.
We have a dedicated events team delivering a year round calendar of local and county wide sports events, conferences and award ceremonies. These events enable thousands of young people to participate in sport, develop the local workforce through a diverse programme of training, and celebrates their amazing achievements.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Active Surrey’s event team. The Events Officer will work with the team and be directly responsible for delivering and developing a wide range of events including School Games, Sports Awards and Active Surrey’s Conference to name a few. The successful candidate will have event management experience, a proven track record in dealing with a wide portfolio of stakeholders and excellent administration and project management skills.
To be shortlisted for interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of delivering events, event management and project management
- Degree or related qualification (in project or event management), plus related experience
- Experience of delivering events and project management.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Budget management experience.
- Excellent IT skills and competency in Microsoft Office.
- Good knowledge of best practice in health and safety / safeguarding.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, which may include some evenings and weekends and occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to travel between sites around the county and, occasionally, the country
Active Surrey, part of the national County Sports Partnership (CSP) Network, is a not for-profit organisation, hosted by Surrey County Council. Based at Active Surrey’s office in Woking, part of the job also involves travelling around the county for meetings and events. The ability to travel between sites across the county is therefore required for this post. Travel costs are reimbursed. The work will also include a reasonable number of unsociable hours, including occasional weekend and evening work.
We are committed to achieving greater diversity in our team and encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we particularly welcome applications from disabled people and from black, Asian and minority ethnic people, who are under-represented in our workforce.
£25,821 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7QQ. This is a 11 month fixed term contract.